Hello from Saint Stephen SC

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from Saint Stephen SC

Postby JFJR55 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:21 am

First time on here and have a lot of questions. I have never seen a teardrop around here. Would like to here from anyone who is close to me to talk to about TT. I work as a Installer of truck & car accessories. We sell Halmark and Pace trailers. Had ideas to use one of them to make my own camping trailer but the weight stopped me. Teardrop trailer is my answer to getting back to camping. I camped as a child ( I am 50 years young now) and was in boy scouts. This is a awesome web page.
JFJR55
Teardrop Inspector

Postby oklahomajewel » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:57 am

Welcome and good luck ! You've found a gold mine here with this forum, and you'll make lots of camping friends!!! There are many in your part of the country that I'm sure will pipe in.

And it sounds like you might be able to help out too, with the experience you listed !

KEWL !!!!

Julie ;)
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby emiller » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:06 am

Click on the T&TTT map link above to see who is in your area and welcome to our little world of little trailers.
Eddie
emiller
Donating Member

Postby Chip » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:39 am

JFJR,, welcome to the forum and to the carolina's group,,, there are several trailers close to ya in St Stevens,, Columbia,Aiken, Savannah, Augusta, Fayetteville, Greenville, to name a few ,,

A few of us are geting together at Lake Greenwood on the 15th of this month,, You are more than welcome to stop by and take a peek or better yet grab a tent and spend the weekend,,,

read lots,, there is a world of information on this forum and in its archives,, but,,,,,,,,,,, Be very very careful,,, first thing you know you will be wondering around your shop muttering ,, now I could use that in a teardrop,,, It happens,,, just sort of sneaks up on ya out of nowhere,,,

again welcome and look forward to meeting ya in the future

chipper :thumbsup:
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Thanks

Postby JFJR55 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:20 am

I will be doing a lot of camping when I get mine built. Have not started building mine . I am looking to get ideas. I know what you are saying, I have more plans (Printer has been running hot with plans) than I need . I have decided to build the Benroy for my first one.
JFJR55
Teardrop Inspector

Postby madjack » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:58 am

JF, welcome to the board..there is an insan....errr craz...errr very acvtive group of teardroppers in your area...watchout for 'em they will have ya drinkin' pickle juice iff'n ya aren't careful ;) Like the Chipper said, there is a true wealth of info here, so spend the time reading up on the various aspects of building TD's and we will be here to answer your questions as they arise...we charge for the service and the charge is pictures...lots and lotssa pictures...we just luv 'em ya know :D so have lots o'fun and we'll see ya around the fire
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby stjohn » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:54 pm

Chip It's to late if he is already looking at trailers and worried about weight he is already hooked just not in full blown addiction yet :lol: :lol:

Oh! I almost forgot welcome to the board :D

Mikel
Only he who attempts the ridiculous
Can achieve the impossible
stjohn
The 300 Club

Postby Ira » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:35 pm

Welcome, J! We were Boy Scouts around the same time! I'll be 50 in December.

Our troop motto:

"On my honor..
I will do my best...
To help the Girl Scouts...
get undressed."

(Don't forget that Jack warned you about some of us here.)
Here we go again!
Ira
Forum Storyteller

Postby Jiminsav » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:28 pm

Hey JF..i'm Jim from Savannah and the next time i'm up at Eutawville fixxing buddy's gas pumps, i'll see if i can pop in and say hello.
Jim in Savannah
If you can read this bumper sticker, my camper fell off.
Jiminsav
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Gerdo » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:07 pm

JFJR
Like Chip said there is a gathering on the 15th. Go look and ask alot of questions. Se what works and what doesn't, what you like and what you don't. I built a Benroy and love it. It has a good shape, easy to layout, lots of space. The shape of ones TD is a personal thing. Some people probably think the Benroy is not very good looking, not me I like the shape. I also like the Cub and that is probably what my Ultra-Light will be. Don't over build it and make it too heavy. The body of the TD is a great Torsion Box and has alot of strength. Cargo trailers, like the ones you sell, rely on a stronger frame and the box can be somewhat flimsy/non-load carrying.

Have fun building and camping!
Gerdo
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby GeneH » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:33 pm

Hi JF ... Welcome to the forum from Ballentine (near Columbia for out of state readers.)

I've been lurking and reading for about a year now while I've tried to decide what I wanted to build. There is a lot of info available here as well as wisdom. Not the schedule I originally envisioned but I guess I shifted to Teardrop Time.

You might want to get a copy of Steve Frederick's Shop Manual. Its pretty much a step by step approach to building a Teardrop. Its a good thing its on a CD because I would have worn out a paper version already.

I travel around the state a lot in my job and will PM you the next time I am going to be in you neck of the woods, do the same if you are ever up this way.
Gene
GeneH
Gold Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:05 am

stjohn wrote:Chip It's to late if he is already looking at trailers and worried about weight he is already hooked just not in full blown addiction yet :lol: :lol:

Oh! I almost forgot welcome to the board :D

Mikel

[JFJR's quote]I will be doing a lot of camping when I get mine built. Have not started building mine . I am looking to get ideas. I know what you are saying, I have more plans (Printer has been running hot with plans) than I need . I have decided to build the Benroy for my first one.[/quote]

I don't know how with that last statement anyone could believe this is not a full blown addiction.

Welcome to the farm and we feed addictions to Teardroping here so beware and bring the bubble oil.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby KA » Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:01 pm

Welcome. Have fun and be prepared to spend hours and hours engrossed on the forum pages...It becomes habit-forming.
Kris :)
KA
Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:27 pm

My motto is "Be Prepared". What does that tell you? :duh:

Welcome to the fourm... JFJR55

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves