intro

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

intro

Postby ajloredo » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:56 pm

hello everyone, my name is Alex from houston, tx. I am a tractor driver for Ups and enjoy the outdoors, just never made the time to enjoy them like i did when i was kid. You know you get caught up with work and everything that comes with it. I been wanting to build a TD for some time now and just recently started to seriously consider doing it. I figure what better way to enjoy life with my wife and daughter than camping. My fater had a tiny trailer and i think of the good times we had with it so i want the same for my family. I look forward to meeting as many of you all that i can and cant wait to get started. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
ajloredo
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Sonetpro » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:19 pm

Welcome Alex. Another Texan. You've found the right place for the info you are looking for. Lots of it here and almost free. The price is pic's More the better.
If you are going to the festival this year give me a hollar. I live close if you want to take a lookiesee.
}><)))'> ~--------------·´¯) SteveT
You don't know what the limit's are until you take it there.ImageImageImage
Sonetpro
Site Admin

Postby madjack » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:39 pm

Alex...welcome to the board...Steve covered thr price of admission(pics), so just cruise around here and look at all the choices ya gotta make...if you can, come the LCG...we have around 40 reservations, so you can see a lot of TD ideas...details in the South Central section.....
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby oklahomajewel » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:26 am

Another welcome, Alex & the family ... but I'm not Texan.
You'll find teardrops from all over the world here .

This forum is the first important piece you need for building a teardrop.
Then try to get to a campout or gathering or PM some of the members that are close to you.

Be sure to take pictures, ask questions, lift the hatch and stand at the galley, ask if you can lay down inside.... there's nothing better than seeing more than one in person. THat's the best thing about a teardrop, you can customize it for yourself or your budget or your camping ideas.

Come see us in Louisiana in a couple o weeks!
Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Boodro » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:52 pm

Hey Alex, welcome! I used to live in Baytown , do ya live IN Houston or around Houston???
We are all travelers in this world , from the sweet grass to the packin house , birth till death , we travel between the eternities . ( Robert Duvall as Prentiss Ritter)
Boodro
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby tonyj » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:19 am

All right, another Texas builder. Welcome to this unique obsession.
Still graced with two eyes and ten fingers (due in no small part to luck!).

Just when you think a problem is solved, an uglier result replaces it.

tony
tonyj
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Big DE » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:46 am

Hello Alex,
Welcome to the forum what side of Houston do you live in? I live on the s side and work on the nw side. I am just finnishing the final design ideas for mine and should have sparks flying soon , so if you wanna take a look feel free to come by.

Big De
Big DE
Teardrop Master

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves