Hello from the North of England

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from the North of England

Postby jyb-tr20 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:38 pm

Hi Folks
Just to introduce myself. I got here by accident some weeks ago but have been visiting ever since. I'm currently building, with the full blessing of my good lady wife- Mo a Generic Benroy from the site plans.
Firstly, I built the sides and then the floor. Last week I built the chassis at a friends; Stephen Lunn the Balcksmith [bless him]. The frame should be off to the Galvanisers this week to be Zinc coated. It so happened he had other works scheduled to go so my chassis went too.
Now I understand why folk usually build the Frame first. I was checking the floor section today and noticed that it had a bow in it. That should be easily fettled though.

In case you are wondering what a TR20 is, it refers to my 1964 Triumph Tiger Cub TR20 [Trials] that I restored a few years ago. I sold it on earlier this year but decided to keep the ID. I'm guessing that a few of you old speed demons remember the Triumph Tiger Cub. Like me it was their first 'real' motorcycle. For all their faults they're often fondly remebered.

http://jyb-tr20.tripod.com/TriumphTiger ... .album?i=6
Hopefully there will be more pics soon when the build progresses!

Cheers
jyb
This time next year I'll know everything!
jyb-tr20
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mikeschn » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:38 pm

Hey jyb,

Welcome to the forum. North England? Are you anywhere near Andrew? He needs cheering up since he didn't win the trailer.

Maybe you should take your trailer and visit him. He's on the east end of Hadrian’s Wall.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your Generic Benroy build..

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby madjack » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:30 pm

Welcome jyb...those old Trumpets are near and dear to my heart...especially the Bonnevilles...can you say Lucas...the Prince of Darkness :lol: :lol: :lol:
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby NightCap » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:39 pm

Welcome. I lived in England for a while as a teenager. I miss it from time to time. I lived above a chip shop in Bristol. Don't forget to post some photos of your teardrop as it comes along. Cheers.

Kevin
#1 - 100% Done #2 - 100% Done Thinking about #3
NightCap
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Nitetimes » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:59 pm

Welcome... I love the old trials bikes. I'd like to find a 250 Yamaha but I haven't seen one in many a year. You are welcome to have the guy send me that Trumpet tho. 8) 8)
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby UK-Corlett » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:35 am

Hi jyb-tr20

Like a London bus, You wait arround for someone from the UK to build a TD and then three turn up all at the same time.

Good luck with the project. Be sure to post photos. I have just finished mine but finding suppliers for materials was my biggest problem. If I can help drop me a line.

Clive
UK-Corlett
Teardrop Master

Postby angib » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:11 am

mikeschn wrote:Are you anywhere near Andrew?

John lives about 15 miles from me and I'm hoping to see his trailer build when he gets the frame back from the galvanisers.

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Re: Hello from the North of England

Postby Joanne » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:34 pm

Welcome aboard! Glad to see your introduction and that you are busy building. Are you planning on pulling the tear with your Land Rover. I always loved the ones with the Safari tops. Don't know why, but I do.

Anyway, I look forward to the pictures.

Joanne
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby Miriam C. » Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:43 pm

Welcome JYB and MO,
Nice to see so many of the Brittish joining us. We have seen some beautiful builds going on there. :thumbsup: Hint, hint.

Enjoy and pictures please???
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Land Rover

Postby jyb-tr20 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:53 am

Hi Folks
Thanks a lot for the welcome.

Joanne - I' ve recently done a deal with a mate and swapped the '90' for a '97 Land Rover Discovery, 2.5 Tdi. As you know I love Land Rovers but this one Mo likes to drive better than the '90' and more of a Family car and has 7 seats.
The Benroy will [some day] look great behind this bus.

Cheers

jyb

ps Thanks Andrew ;)
This time next year I'll know everything!
jyb-tr20
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves