First Post

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

First Post

Postby Phil & Ningning » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:35 pm

Hello all. I have been lurking (and building) for sometime now and thought it was about time I jump in.

My name is Phil. and my lovely wife is Ningning. We live in what is known as the Inland Empire in Southern California. I am well along in a Cubby project. Kevin Hauser did a fantastic job with those plans, but of course, in the fine tradition of the home (cough) craftsman, I am changing things a bit to suit my needs.

Anyway, I will soon get around to digging up an Avatar and maybe even a few trailer pics. That is, if I can ever get away from the garage long enough.

Back to work.
Phil & Ningning
Teardrop Master

Postby Mary K » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:47 pm

Welcome Phil & Ningning, welcome to the crazyness! :)

What I have learned about TD's on this forum is that they are like lays potato chips, ya can't eat just one.. er... build, that is.

Yup, better get these guy's and gal's some pic's they love em!!! :twisted:

Mk
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby angib » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:13 pm

Welcome, both.

You may want to sharpen up your packing skills if you're going to get everything you want in your teardrop as, judging by your avatar, you're not the world's best packer - a sixth gas cylinder would have fitted on the rack easily, I would have thought......

Andrew ;)
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby Phil & Ningning » Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:05 pm

HAHAHA.... That avatar inadvertently showed up here. I used it on another board I belong to that uses the same software as this one. I took that pic in Zhongshan China while visiting my wife before she came to America. Things like that are the norm over there.

I think I'll leave it up.
Phil & Ningning
Teardrop Master

Postby Miriam C. » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:09 am

Welcome Phil and Ningning,
That is a great picture but we got a mad Aussi who is going to come back soon and have a ------------------------------------well you know.----------

Seriously we love pictures and really enjoy seeing the real person. When you get to know us and feel more comfortable we'd like to see you and your wife too.

Picture of the build too please
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby stjohn » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:06 am

Here its against the law to transport a refilled bottle across state lines I bet d.o.t would have a field day w/that

welcome to the board

Mike
Only he who attempts the ridiculous
Can achieve the impossible
stjohn
The 300 Club

Postby angib » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:51 am

Here is today's cultural programme:

I've only been to Shanghai in China and they don't seem to load their vehicles up that much there - being smart, big city folk an' all.

But I have spent a lot of time in India where every vehicle is a luxury device if it has an engine fitted. Here is an Indian family on the move:

Dad is wearing the crash helmet as his pay feeds all the others, so his head is the most valuable. But he's wearing the shades for coolth.

Mum is sitting side-saddle at the back so she can hold on to anyone that looks about to fall off. She gives thanks that she has a caring husband who has fitted the optional extra crash bar around the back of the scooter that she has her feet on.....

Son is standing between Dad's legs, which hold him in place. His is the second best place to be, as he is economic future of the family.

Daughter is wedged between her parents, having a nice time, but she'd rather be at the front.

And if anyone thinks this looks like hardship, wouldn't you have preferred to travel where that boy is when you were his age? Looking at the back of a car seat is not half so exciting!

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves