Mizedog just in - thinking of a Jeep tear/trailer...

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Mizedog just in - thinking of a Jeep tear/trailer...

Postby mizedog » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:27 pm

Hey all. I've been excited about the teardrop/tiny trailer concept for a couple of months now. I've got a 30 year old Jeep CJ-7 that I'm tired of tent camping from. So, hopefully I can create my own mild outback Jeep trailer/tear/camper/ non-tent-thing.
My hope is to have something ready for a week's stay in Moab, Utah for the 2007 Easter Jeep Safari. I'll be at a full service campground with all my club pals.

Any Jeep/trail trailer info would be great.

Oh, just relocated from warm Southern California to Colorado Springs. So, non-tent/canvas is looking even better.
mizedog
Teardrop Inspector

Postby NightCap » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:44 pm

Sounds like a cool project. Make sure when you go to moab you don't try to take your teardrop up that steep rock face that is so famous. :shock:
#1 - 100% Done #2 - 100% Done Thinking about #3
NightCap
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Endo » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:17 am

Welcome to the site.

Good luck with the build.

Have you read any of this info yet? It' a good place to start.
http://tnttt.com/viewforum.php?f=39

I don't take my trailer offroad but I do tow it with my Jeep. We usually go to the Silver Lake sand dunes in Michigan.
Brad (aka Endo)
ImageImage Image
In God We Trust
Endo
500 Club

Postby jagular7 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:53 am

Welcome to the forum.

There are a few of us Jeepers here that have/want/are building a TD style camper for our particular needs, sometimes primative or hookup at a campground. Like many of us, camping is outside and not inside. Read over the suggested forum subject and get ideas. Take a scroll look through the Australian off-road campers/trailers for ideas. Strong suggestion: keep it light!

When I went looking for a small camper to pull with my 4cyl TJ, I found Dave's site. This looked promising. http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=10923

Do you recall the off-road pop-up that was advertised couple years ago from the Easter Jeep Safari? A lot of different style pop-ups are coming out to meet that market now.
Mike
Jagular
Lenexa, KS
jagular7
The 300 Club

Postby madjack » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:05 am

Mize, glad you finally got on...our off-road section is fairly new but there are some very knowledgeable folks there...just rmrmber one thing...we luv da pics around here and it what we charge for more info than ya can shake a LARGE stick at...have fun with your new adventure.............
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:16 pm

Welcome Mize,
Full service campground sounds like a lot of potential. You will find many different styles here and if that don't suit ya, design your own. 8)

Like MJ says, we need da pics.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves