Can anyone identify an old teardrop for me? Think a 1947

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Can anyone identify an old teardrop for me? Think a 1947

Postby TerrysTeardrop » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:51 pm

I'm interested in an old Teardrop I found locally. I'm hoping someone might be able to identify it and perhaps tell me a ballpark figure/figures as to it's worth? Maybe three figures..if interior is pristine...if interior is ok..if interior needs a full restoration.
Looks like the top was once painted black and the brake lights look to have been replaced perhaps. See pic's posted in TerrysTerrydrop album, if I can figure out how to add them. I think it looks like the one in the Hall of Fame called 1947 Teardrop Trailer that it painted white with a red stripe.
Thanks,
TerrysTeardrop
TerrysTeardrop
Teardrop Inspector

Postby madjack » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:03 pm

...it's a Cub/Modernistic/Modernaire...year of make ?????...unless the wood/interior is pristine or in very good shape(no rot), I wouldn't give much for it (under a grand) but that is just me...being a Classic doesn't rate as high with me as it would for many others...looks like lottsa work to make it right(and I am lazy).....
madjack 8)

to put pic in post...goto album and pull up pic desired...highlight the url and click "copy" goto post and click "paste"...highlight url and click the "Img" button
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby halfdome, Danny » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:19 pm

It looks to say "The Roddin Egg" on the side. Nice steel fenders though. :) Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby Gage » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:38 am

Like Madjack said it's one of three different teardrops (Cub/Modernistic/Modernaire) basicly they are all the same built by different mfg's. in the middle to late 40's. The inside and galley is very basic. Except for the fenders, it's an all alum teardrop. One to two doors with cabinets in the rear and I think maybe in the front (can't remember). The tail lights are add on's and a course the roof rack is also. May not look to bad when cleaned up. Check the floor for dry rot and the frame for major rust. One of the guys on the old forum finished restoring a Cub I believe last year, but I can't find his web site. Like Madjack, I'd say $500 to $1000 is a good price. All the sheet metal (alum) looks pretty good, just need a lot of clean up and a little straightening on that front right corner.
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Nic » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:55 am

It looks cool to me. But i like the idea of bringing things back from being lost forever. I say if you can get it for $1000 or less that would be sweet! GO FOR IT! :thumbsup:
Im not lazy. I just hang out a lot.
Nic
500 Club

Postby emiller » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:34 am

Joe here in Arizona had to add a sub frame to his Cub because the axle was shot. And to put a strait axle he had to build a frame for it.
emiller
Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves