New here and trying to decide how to proceed with a TTT.

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello Matt!

Postby 49er Teardrop » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:39 am

Good looking trailer! Now the real fun begins... as you start building! Go for the gusto and build a big one that will serve your needs and give you years of camping fun! All the best! --Vic
49er Teardrop
Teardrop Builder

First Shot

Postby Thunderknight » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:54 pm

Here is my first shot at a floor plan. The sides will overhang the trailer frame. I am trying to decide whether to go the whole 6' or keep it more like 5'6" to maintain the width of my vehicle.

It's just a sketch and isn't to scale. I think, in looking at this, I will probably actually make the bed wider in the next revision. Those boxes along the walls in the middle are meant to be cabinets. Since the drop floor has to fit within the frame, it will only be 4' wide...good in some respects...the porta potty can sit on the "platform" but the the "occupants" legs will have some room to drop to the floor. Likewise with the bed, legs can hang over the edge and in to the dropped floor space. I am thinking the bed will either be a seate (sp?) or perhaps more like a futon, in that the back (were your back rests when sitting) will run trailer width-wise (bed length wise). Those cabinets could then have a pull out/flip up table area.
Last edited by Thunderknight on Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thunderknight
Teardrop Builder

Postby Salivanto » Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:20 am

Hi Matt

Where abouts in Upstate New York are you. I'm in Rochester/Greece. I wish I'd seen this thread in time to invite you to see my cargo trailer conversion in progress.

Do you do anything with Ham radio? My wife and I got our tickets this spring.
Amike salutas,
Thomas ALEXANDER
www.NightinGael.Net
Salivanto
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Thunderknight » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:29 pm

Salivanto: I'm located just outside of Albany, and yes, I've been a ham for the past 16 years. Another project (the TTT is one of MANY) is to rehab my HF antennas before it gets cold outside.

I'm trying to decide whether I should start looking for an air conditioning unit or not. They are starting to go on clearance around here. I doubt I'll have the TTT done in time to need an AC this year, but I am thinking it might be better to have it here for when I start the walls so I can plan the framing around it. I'm not 100% convinced I need an AC unit (being upstate NY) and I am trying to do as much as possible on 12V, but I don't want to regret it next July.
I could probably use the 1 window unit I have at home (I need it to cool a room that the central AC doesn't work well in) as a guide, and then if I find I need one, use that unit for the TTT and buy a new one for the house next year.
Thunderknight
Teardrop Builder

Previous

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves