Hello from Wyoming

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from Wyoming

Postby Bunz » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:06 pm

Hi, We are from Wyoming and are new to this site. Husband built us a teardrop last fall and is now perfecting it. He has built two in the last 10 months and did it with no plans. He is having fun and I just wanna go camping!! :( I will upload pictures soon.
Dan & Jean
Bunz
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Mike C. » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:23 pm

Hi Bunz,

Welcome to the forum. If hubby built 2 in the last 10 months without plans then you shouldn't have too many questions, so come on in and enjoy yourselves. Please post pictures as soon as you can. :)
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:54 pm

Image to the playground Bunz. Sometimes you just gotta force the issue. Ya tell em now or else. 8) :ilovecamp: :relaxing:

Enjoy the site and pictures keep the bubble oil level so post often. 8) :lol:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby mikeschn » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:56 pm

Welcome to the forum Bunz....

You got pictures? Well, what cha waiting for... lay em out on the table...

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Roly Nelson » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:00 pm

Welcome to the forum, Bunz, we are all here to promote teardrop and tiny trailer use. Ask any questions you like and answers will be coming your way. Good for your husband, building a tear with no plans. He is a man I can relate to. Do post some pics.......of both of the trailers.

I am sure you can find some other teardroppers in your area to share experiences with. Wyoming, yes, a beautiful state, spent some time in Baggs years ago, pretty remote, but sure pretty.

Enjoy your tear and use it as often as you can. I know......"you wanna go camping", so get him to finish it, hook her up and go........Oh yes, what name have you chosen for your tear? They all have to have names you know. Lets see, what rhymes with Bunz?.....

Roly, So Cal heat sufferer. Whew. :fan:
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby JunkMan » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:24 pm

What part of Wyoming are you in? I'm in the Black Hills of SD, and get over to Gillette, and eastern Wy quite often.
Jeff & Odie
Black Hills of South Dakota
JunkMan
500 Club

Postby Bunz » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:11 pm

We now actually live in the SW Corner but are from the Sundance area, we haven't lived up that way in 20 years though. I have a sister and brother there still. I saw your name on here earlier and thought you could be the closest TD'er to us though. Not alot of them around here. Maybe next summer we will get to meet some of you. Do you do a lot of traveling with yours? Do you go to the conventions that are mentioned here? I would love to check that out in fact told the husband I wanted to do the CO one but he is working that weekend. He is a foreman at the mine here in Kemmerer. If you are ever coming our way send us a note.
Dan & Jean
Bunz
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Pam Wright » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:04 am

Have the husband call in sick.... come south to The "Last Gasp" of Summer 2007 by the Royal Gorge in Colorado..... I'll write him an excuse!!!

Seriously, It would be great if you could come down!!! Welcome to the board!!!

pam
Rocky Mountain TearJerkers
Director

"Be well, Be safe, Be Happy!"

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

Postby Bunz » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:23 am

We will try to get there Pam it looks like so much fun, how many people usually come? I saw somewhere you head this thing up. What fun? We lived down around Pueblo once years ago. We were in Greeley for 4 years and loved it there. So many nice places close by to go and see.

If we come we may need that note! :roll:
Dan & Jean
Bunz
Teardrop Inspector

Postby SamR » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:24 pm

Hey! I'm from Montana and although I'm sure I'm not the only teardropper in the state, I only know of one other and he's a co worker. You can't be far from Garden City, UT. If you can make it, the Utah group is meeting Sept 14-17. Here's the site:http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/salty_teardrops/
SamR
Teardrop Master

Postby Bunz » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:30 pm

That is only 40 miles or so from us, if he is off we will be there!! So glad you wrote to let us know about it. You will be there? There are others in Wyoming but you don't see them around it seems. We were up in Yellowstone about a month ago and never saw one. We didn't have ours either, we had our nephew with us. Well hope we can make it and see you there. Thanks, Jean
Dan & Jean
Bunz
Teardrop Inspector

Posted pictures

Postby Bunz » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:10 pm

Hey all we have posted our pics of the original design. We have changed it completely and will post new pics soon. I finished the kitchen and will be posting some of them also.
Dan & Jean
Bunz
Teardrop Inspector

Postby JunkMan » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:22 am

Bunz wrote:Do you do a lot of traveling with yours? Do you go to the conventions that are mentioned here? I would love to check that out in fact told the husband I wanted to do the CO one but he is working that weekend. He is a foreman at the mine here in Kemmerer. If you are ever coming our way send us a note.

Unfortunatly, ours is still under construction. :cry: We bought a 1955 Bellwood TTT this spring and have been working on it, instead of finishing the tear. We're hoping to have one or the other finished enough to get out at least once this fall, possibly to the Last Gasp.

We were at the 1st ITG in Minden (in a tent), and had a great time, unfortunatly we couldn't make this years meet because of work.

Haven't been over to your side of the state lately (was in Gillette yesterday), but hope to get back to the Tetons soon.

Was at a festival/car show? in Sundance this summer, and there was a retired couple there with a tear. I think they were from Gillette, but don't remember for sure. They bought it in Arizona, I think, and displays it with their hot rods. Said they really like it, and do some camping around the state with it too.
Jeff & Odie
Black Hills of South Dakota
JunkMan
500 Club

Postby Pam Wright » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:32 am

Bunz,

I'm expecting between 20 and 30 Teardrops, 3-4 tents, lots of tearless friends and a really good time! Try to come down, I'm serious about writing the excuse!!!!

Jeff and Odie,

Finish that baby and come to the Gasp!!! Or come to the Gasp and finish it later!!!!

pam
Rocky Mountain TearJerkers
Director

"Be well, Be safe, Be Happy!"

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

Postby SamR » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:52 am

Hope to see you at Garden City. I'll be taking my teardrop on it's maiden voyage that weekend. (Hope I get the windows in and the door hung-oh yeah, and the hatch built) :lol:
SamR
Teardrop Master

Next

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves