New member from Europe

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Postby Ira » Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:32 pm

Salivanto wrote:
I've never been to Luxemburg, but I have been to Belgium several times. I suppose Luxemburg is exactly like Belgium, only smaler and more complicated. :D

Uh oh...

:o :thinking: :shock:

Now he's gonna start hating Americans like everyone else in the world:

The two countries are totally different, because they're SPELLED differently.

Jacques, just my sense of humor.
Here we go again!
Ira
Forum Storyteller

Postby angib » Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:42 pm

Salivanto wrote:.... I have been to Belgium several times.

Now, you see, that's a bad start for any statement. Everyone should go to Belgium once and, if you're prone to making mistakes, I can see how you might have gone there twice. But several times? You make it sound like it was intentional.

Salivanto wrote:I suppose Luxemburg is exactly like Belgium, only smaller and more complicated.

I'm with Ira - comparing anyone's country to Belgium is pretty much grounds for a declaration of war.

Now, I hate xenophobic bigotry as much as the next man, but in the case of Belgium, it's pretty much reasonable.... ;)

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby Ron Dickey » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:49 pm

angib wrote:Hey, welcome. I've already designed the lifting frame that you can use to lift a camper body on and off your Pinz:

Though I think yours would be heavier, so this would need to be made a bit stronger.

Andrew

I am building a unit that can go on my truck or on my trailer. the draing above is one way you could get it on and off if you need to use the truck for other things.

Is wood avalable there at an affordable cost. Just wondering... in Japan where wood is scarce there is a group building RVs on like trucks out of aluminum frames. (trying to find the site)

Welcome Aboard.... :thumbsup:

There all kind of things you could do.

We are more a tinny travel tariler group. We have one guy from England with a Gypsy trailer.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby martha24 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:18 am

Jacques,
Welcome to our little group. You've got an interesting project. Lots of good idea people around here. :thumbsup:

In the early 70's I briefly visited your little country. I was interested in going though it because that's the basic area where all my mother's family came from a few generations ago. Either from Luxembourg or from the areas near by in Trier and Belgium.

Keep us posted with your ideas & pictures.
Martha ;)
Martha ;)

martha24
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Europinz » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:25 am

:applause: to ALL of you.

You're all truly a bunch of nice people.
(1) Why say Europe and not state the country? Same reason as the bus driver from Croatia. People would hear Luxemburg only remembering ...BURG = Castle and knights and horses and that would automatically mean Germany. So I would say: "I am from Luxemburg" and they would answer: "Ah yes, Germany!" and I would ask: " and from where are you?" and they would say (for example; not pointing any fingers):" Virginia" and I would say: " Ah yes, Canada!" :?
(2)
Salivanto wrote:
I suppose Luxemburg is exactly like Belgium, only smaller and more complicated.

I think that Luxemburg would be less complicated.
(a) Belgium has over 9,000,000 inhabitants where as Luxemburg has only 400,000. It is easier to have lesser people agree then more!
(b) In Belgium they speak 3 different languages in their respective different areas where as in Luxemburg people are multi-lingual (4 languages)
(c) They voted for a new government 3 months ago in Belgium and as we speak they still haven't been able to form one. You tell me who's more complicated :roll:

It will probably be not build in wood as wood is more expensive as in the USA but luckily not as expensive as in Japan. Small steel framing beams with hardcore insulating pannels in between and then a few coats of fiberglass will be more lickely the way I will go.
Now he's gonna start hating Americans like everyone else in the world:

Certainly not. I love the USA and have lived there for nearly 12 years (TX, OK, VA, NC, OH) However I came back to Luxemburg when my dad passed away to take care of my mother. Now I have lost my green card since I have been gone for quite a while and would need to do it all over again - and this experience and expenses I do not want to live/do twice.
But no worries I'll will make a detailed report and pictures of how things come along - however I'll probably need another 6 - 8 weeks on the drawingboard. It will be a nice thing for all of us to watch grow .... and please comment and use critic as all of that is constructive.

Regards

Jacques
Europinz
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Classic Finn » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:31 am

Europinz wrote:
Miriam C. wrote:OH yeah and we gotta have :pictures: :pictures: :pictures: cause it keeps the bubble oil level. :thumbsup:

O.K.

I'll start a photo album and will often come back to all of you for ideas. Of course this project will be done over a number of months but I'll try to build something sweet. :twisted: However, I have to admit that trailer parts/RV parts like windows, ...etc are hard to come by in Europe and of course very expensive compared to the prices you have in the USA. I will probably need to get some items shipped over.

Regards,

Jacques

Jacques

Welcome Onboard

We hope you enjoy the fun and frolic of the Teardrop and Tiny Travel Trailer World.. I live in Finland ... In the very South.. just outside of Helsinki. About 30 minutes.

I noticed you stating that parts are difficult to find for teardrops and such.
I must say it is. Ive hunted for everything and Imported from the States as well. However with persistence and determination Ive managed to almost complete my tear but it hasnt been without complications..
But still kicking and I do now see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Also these folks are absolutely the finest.. The replies are there almost as soon as you ask them..

And our friend Andrew in Ol England is a live informational package to guide you. And then on the other side of the Atlantic you have the Veterans of teardrops that will help as well.. I just cant speak enough of these fine folks..

There is a place in France that builds some type of Tears.. and also sells lights and windows.. but gee the price of one window is at 100 Euro so no I would order from the States.. for that you can get 2 or maybe even 3.

If you need I can give you assistance. Just ask.. there are good places in the UK also to get some parts from.

But all in all I really enjoy this Forum and the folks here.. :applause: :applause:

So we also hope that you will enjoy it. But as has been mentioned we just luv photos.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

So no matter what you build, enjoy and good luck in your adventure.

Best regards
Heikki from Finland ;)
Royal Teardrop Society Scandinavian Bureau Chief of Staff

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby Roly Nelson » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:30 pm

Jacques, welcome, ask questions, scrounge around for parts, post pics and enjoy.........

Roly :thumbsup:
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby Salivanto » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:27 pm

What's all this fuss about Belgium? And anyway, on the BURG thing, I though Europe was in Germany.

Just kidding.
Amike salutas,
Thomas ALEXANDER
www.NightinGael.Net
Salivanto
Teardrop Advisor

Postby jagular7 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:02 am

Welcome. Starting off, you have a 'tall' platform base to start off with. The overall height in comparison to your cab top will definately make a 'crouching back'. If you have the capability, remove the base board and start with a Pinz frame. Take pics at different angles of the truck. Use computer software to remove the background and print the truck out in b/w. Use your pencil and draw something that is pleasing to the geometry of the truck.

To get better standing room, use the idea of the expanding/raising top of the camper. It doesn't have to be the complete top, but enough to stand up in.

That is one reason I went with the Pinz ambulance box. You could look at adapting/fabbing a copy of that or the communication box.
Mike
Jagular
Lenexa, KS
jagular7
The 300 Club

Previous

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves