Newbie from the Cold White north

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Newbie from the Cold White north

Postby Wos » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:03 am

Hi everybody.
I have been lurking for a long time, 5 years or so I guess. The stars have finally aligned and I will be starting my big teardrop soon.
I built a 4'x2' to pull behind my motorcycle but I thought it cut my fuel mileage in half so I tore it down and built a smaller, then an even smaller tear thinking weight and profile were the problem. It turned out to be something else so I will be rebuilding it this winter.
For fun I ride my suzuki streetbike, my Honda Quad and work on many things mechanical. My Great grandfather opened the first electrical store in my southern Alberta hometown. His son was an aircraft mechanic during WWII, then went on to become a bush pilot operating out of Inuvik. My father was an auto mechanic and a jack of all trades.
I have been working on CF-18 hornets for the last 18.5 years as an avionics technician at 4 Wing Cold Lake Alberta, Canada.
Tinkering has always been in my blood and I am really looking forward to starting.
Wos
Teardrop Builder

Postby Mike C. » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:20 am

Hi Wos,

Welcome to the forum. If we can be of any help just ask. And as you begin your build, be sure and post pictures, we live for pictures.

See you around. :thumbsup:
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

Postby Eunice » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:24 am

Welcome and yes we love pictures. As cold as it has been here in northern California, I cant imagine your "cold white north"!
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Postby 07rascal » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:41 am

Welcome, Wos....from another newbie....not quite and cold and white as you, but more than enough for us here.

What weight are you shooting for on your build? We just bought a mfg Little Guy Rascal with a dead weight of 460lb that is supposedly designed to be towed by a bike. We are using a small Ford Focus as a tow vehicle. But looking at it, I am not sure I would want it hooked to the back of a two wheeler!

Enjoy the board, great info to be had here!

Terry & Lisa & Daisy
Terry & Lisa
--------------------------------
From our LG Rascal to the Cabin-A.....The LG found a good home!

"When employed, live like your unemployed....so that when your unemployed you can live like your employed!!"

07rascal
Teardrop Master

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:32 pm

We welcome all lurkers with a request for the :pictures: :pictures: cause it keeps the bubble oil level. Also we love to see new builds, places and what ever else we can talk people into filming (with in reason of course).

Enjoy your new build :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Re: Newbie from the Cold White north

Postby Trikerman » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:57 pm

Wos wrote:Hi everybody.
I have been lurking for a long time, 5 years or so I guess. The stars have finally aligned and I will be starting my big teardrop soon.
I built a 4'x2' to pull behind my motorcycle but I thought it cut my fuel mileage in half so I tore it down and built a smaller, then an even smaller tear thinking weight and profile were the problem. It turned out to be something else so I will be rebuilding it this winter.
For fun I ride my suzuki streetbike, my Honda Quad and work on many things mechanical. My Great grandfather opened the first electrical store in my southern Alberta hometown. His son was an aircraft mechanic during WWII, then went on to become a bush pilot operating out of Inuvik. My father was an auto mechanic and a jack of all trades.
I have been working on CF-18 hornets for the last 18.5 years as an avionics technician at 4 Wing Cold Lake Alberta, Canada.
Tinkering has always been in my blood and I am really looking forward to starting.

Hello there Wos, I'm from the other side of the pond I also am a biker and I tow my tear drop with my HD trike. Welcome!

John.
[img][img]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j156/harleyjohn/IMG_0010.jpg[/img]
[/img]
HOT DIGGETY DAMN THATS FAST
Trikerman
Teardrop Builder

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves