A Newbie And "LURKER" No More! (Convoy anyone?)

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

A Newbie And "LURKER" No More! (Convoy anyone?)

Postby Oasis Maker » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:38 pm

Let's see, there's probably 1.5 lurkers out there for every member? So that means there could be 10 thousand or so out there at any given time. I've actually followed this forum from the cheap seats for a few years now and finally, happily join the family.

My name is Scott Goggin and I live in Scottsdale, Arizona. It was Sue's "tupelosue" post making her Death Valley reservation available that nudged me from the dark side over into the light. I had to become a member in order to contact her first. In fact, I emailed Mike a question and included my number. He called me back right away and explained procedure to me. Basically, "Dude - sign up!". lol

Well, what I already knew from your words in this forum, the Death Valley gathering confirmed in actions -- this is a great group of people. It was at the Death Valley gathering that I was told I was a former "lurker" (which still sounds just a liiiitle bit creepy to me -- but I digress. lol). I'm just glad I'm not one anymore.

So for those many invisible spectators out there that might be reading this.... come on in - the water's fine! Oh, and I come baring gifts too. I've done my homework over the years and know that this forum likes one thing above all else ... pictures! So meet the "Oasis Maker" and I look forward to seeing you all down the road! ... And for those who are unaware of what's happening in the South West forum - there's a convoy forming right now for the Mendocino-to-Pamplin Grove IRG gathering(s). Get out your CB's and roll soundtrack - we're takin' over come July!
Gage, you gonna be the Rubber Duck? I think it only fitting you should take us on in. (told ya I followed this forum.) :lol: :lol:

Scott Goggin "Oasis Maker" :relaxing:

Here's my set up:
The following shots were taken on my way to Death Valley and at Furnace Creek. I have a 2006 Little Guy,Double Wide (6ft) Platform.

Last edited by Oasis Maker on Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jeeping, Teardropping, and Cycling!......Where To Next?
Jeep Wave>> :peace: <<Jeep Wave
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:55 pm

:lol: Image to the sandbox/playground Scott G. Saw the pictures in the SW forum and they are spectacular. :thumbsup: Thank you for sharing them and yes they are always appreciated. :twisted:

Enjoy the site. :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Mike C. » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:44 pm

Hi Scott,

Welcome to the forum. Looks like you've got the picture thing down well.
Hope you have fun here.

See you around. :thumbsup:
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

Postby Steve_Cox » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:09 pm

Hi Scott,

Those pictures looked great!!! :thumbsup: I've gotta head west with the TD.
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Oasis Maker » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:11 pm

Hey Mike and Mariam,
Yeah, it's pretty much point and shoot when in such a beautiful place. Pics are hard to get wrong like that. Thanks for the welcome. I promised after getting back from the Death Valley New Years gathering that I would properly introduce myself.

Scott "Oasis Maker" :relaxing:
Last edited by Oasis Maker on Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Oasis Maker » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:17 pm

Hi Steve,
I moved out to Arizona a little over 11 years ago from Michigan and I swear my feet haven't touched the ground yet. There's a lot of beauty in this region of the country. If it's not in this state, it's within reach of another. And having this Teardrop only encourages me to explore all of it!

Scott "Oasis Maker" :relaxing:
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves