New member from Wisconsin

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

New member from Wisconsin

Postby seannachie » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:07 pm

Hi, I just joined this group by invitation from a person who saw my post on a Yahoo group.

I am living in Wisconsin, near Madison, and I'm planning a move to Halifax, Nova Scotia hopefully by mid-year. I'd like to get one of the smaller tear drop trailers to pull with my older Ford Explorer, 6 cylinder. Not only would that give me the chance to save some money on the 3 or so days I'd plan on driving but it would also just been a more economical way to travel and sleep/eat on the road.

I would probably look for a nice used trailer, that is probably the way to get started while someone buys new. As long as it's clean and safe I may be interested.

I may or may not keep the trailer one I get to Halifax, the person I am going to be with has a lovely cottage as well as a home in Halifax and may or may not want to travel. But for an adventurous person (we are both in our early 60's) a teardrop may be the way to go. Both of us love the outdoors and the thought of a smaller camper may be good for her, too.

I'd love to hear from anyone who lives in that area of Canada or along the way. I would plan on packing my worldly possessions in the Explorer and my canoe on the roof and off we go to the next phase of life!

Best, Ken
seannachie
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mikeschn » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:47 pm

Hi Ken,

Welcome to the forum. I'll bet someone here has some ideas for you!!! ;)

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:52 pm

Image to the playground Ken. Have a look in the 'for sale" section and the manufacturers. Good luck and I hope you and your friend enjoy the TD too much to part with it. 8) :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby packerz4 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:57 pm

Welcome Ken!

Maybe Elmo will sell you his, so he can build a new one. He's from Green Bay. Did you check out the for sale section?

Best of luck to you!

tk
8)
~ Go Packers! ~
www.2bagalot.com
packerz4
Donating Member

Postby Roly Nelson » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:48 pm

Hi Ken, welcome the the best TD forum on the net. Good to hear that you are interested in doing a bit of traveling. Perhaps your Halifax Honey will be equally interested in doing some traveling in a teardrop trailer. Don't be in too big a hurry to sell your newly-aquired trailer, they tend to grow on you. Remember, all you need is a few groceries and you are off and running in just a few minutes.

Enjoy that new area you plan to move to and do look up some of my dearly departed ancestors that camped there at one time during their Eric The Red exporation of the new world. (They have discovered the remnants of their old village in a meadow that I can't pronounce)
Roly ;)
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby Mike C. » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:58 pm

Hi Ken,

Welcome to the forum. :thumbsup:
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

Postby cs_whypt2 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:21 pm

I was going to welcome another Wisconsinite, but you are a traitor!!
Nah just kidding.
Welcome aboard. Good luck on your trip North.

Dianne
:wine:
cs_whypt2
Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves