Hi from Denmark.

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Postby Classic Finn » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:39 pm

H@nk wrote:Hey Heikki,
just tell me, how much money do I have to take with me?
Last saturday i was cleaning up a little and found this again in the back of the garage.Image

Henk it all depends how many tear you want to purchase? I know the Dutch are fun to haggle over price with.. the more you haggle the higher the price goes with them..

Thats from experience..especially if you dont speak Dutch.. :D :D but your Dutch so its dealing with your fellow countrymen.. It could be easier.

Heikki ;) :)
Royal Teardrop Society Scandinavian Bureau Chief of Staff

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby malax » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:22 pm

Malax TD traveling route in mars. :)

malax
Teardrop Inspector

Postby H@nk » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:11 pm

Jose,

You figured out very well, only my garage is in a secret place. Even my wife don't know it. 8) 8) 8)
Do you know already when you want to visit Holland? If possible I can take a day or 2 of. I like that, a day NOT at work.
Screw the boss,
Henk
Old bread isn't hard, no bread, that's hard.
H@nk
The 300 Club

Postby malax » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:54 am

Classic Finn wrote:(........)
Henk it all depends how many tear you want to purchase? I know the Dutch are fun to haggle over price with.. the more you haggle the higher the price goes with them..

Thats from experience..especially if you dont speak Dutch.. :D :D but your Dutch so its dealing with your fellow countrymen.. It could be easier.

Thanks for the tip Heikki, I will have it in mind, but it sounds they look very much alike the Scandinavians 8)

H@nk wrote:Jose,
(.........)
Do you know already when you want to visit Holland? If possible I can take a day or 2 of. I like that, a day NOT at work.
Screw the boss,
Henk

Henk, if every thing goes well I will be in Groningen wensday, 27 Mars, and I will look at a second hand Camptrailer.

The Dutch firma says it is the last one they have to sell, and it is impossible to know the truth wit car-salesmen but I think they have stopped building this type of TD, and in the same link they promote The-Wind, which seems to be theirs new model.

The second hand they offer is about 3.000 € and it says in Dutch Lichte waterschade onder in de hoek van de wagen what I translate as: light water damage under angle.

I will them drive to Putten next day to see the new american style TD they are making there, and I hope I can make a decision and drive back to DK with a TD in my tail.

Right now my heart is in having the voyager model, but my mind —which is getting wiser with the years—, tells me not to be to inpatient and try first with a cheap one to se how much involved I get into it, being now a rocky, and them after some experience and TD gatherings, find later on the best TD.

Talking about gatherings, I´ve read some other place about doing it in the north of Europe if there are people enough to do it. If it hapens and I have my TD, I promise I will make a Paella to the TD northern nerds gathering.

P.S. Henk I will try to email you from Groningen, in case I do not have internet, my phone there is: 598394758.

:peace:
José Malax.
malax
Teardrop Inspector

Postby H@nk » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:01 pm

Hey Jose,

Welcome back and I read your letter.
Nice you come over to my little country.
27 of March, I shall see what I can do, OK?
The little waterschade you said about the little trailer, this is some water involving, happened in a corner of the caravan. probebly the insulation was a little bad. Don't forget it is a portugesean built.

I also read there is a gattering in german of little T@b-caravans. Somewhere in Hessen, in the area of Fulda. The only thing is, it is a fully german happening, so you have to speak german. It will be the first days of mai.

Tell me Jose, where do you stay in Groningen, because my sister with her husband living overthere and there phone number starts with 0594, so it has to be somewhere nearby.

And some other thing, I never have eaten no Paella, but I want to try everytheing, When you make the Paella, I shall make some French onion soup, my specialty.

Ps, try to find anything to read about campinglife, it iscompletely diferent tof the way hotel vacations are. You live not only in nature, but you have also to live with your neughbours. When they have a little fight, you are in the middle of it. When they have a party, you are in the middle of it.
It is a completely other way of living, you must have the feeling for it. I hope I see you around.

Greetings and waiting, Henk from Holland.
H@nk
The 300 Club

Postby malax » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:32 pm

Hi Henk.

You have not eaten the most and best balanced combination of food in the world: the Mediterranean or Paella Valenciana, a rice dish of orchard vegetables, wild meat and sea food, all perfumed with saffron, olive oil, lemon and rosemarie. And goes perfect with a onion soup as entré to settle the stomach, which by the way I love onionsoup.

It will be interesting to know if any of T&TTT members are participating in Hessen gathering in May.

But to business :D

Henk, I first arrive to Froombosch, where I stay (you are right the tlf. starts with 0 when calling from Holland) the 27th, and I have a appointment same day with the Camp-trailer firma. The idea is that next day I will call Teardrop.nl in Putten and make another appointment with them if possible on Thursday the 28th.

If the damage is done on fibber glass, it will not be difficult for me to have it repair, I will let you know when I take a look at her.

About camping live, I am a helping person and have absorbed politeness from the different places and cultures I have lived.
Anyway if my thermometer of misanthropy grows, I travel alone, and without any impediments to run away from any bad vibes.

Greetings Henk, and thanks for your comments and help.

—José.

P.S. What kind of TD is in the photo of your icon?
malax
Teardrop Inspector

Postby malax » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:42 pm

Hej Henk I am in Groningen, tlf. 0598 394758.

I´m thinking in taking to Putten tomorow morning.

I have a appointment with Gert Sluter from Teardrops.nl in Putten, I think I will be there arround 12.30, 13.00, and his telefon is 06 5532 01 02.

I hope I can get in contact with you,

Regards, José.
malax
Teardrop Inspector

Postby H@nk » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:40 pm

Hey Jose,

You wrote to me you would be 27 march in Groningen, now it is 27 februari, that's a month less. I see if I can contact you tomorrow, or today. See you Henk
H@nk
The 300 Club

Postby malax » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:51 am

Henk I am sorry I have this problems with dates, I was in march month untill you said it.

I am going to Putten and I think I will be at the place about 12 or 13.
malax
Teardrop Inspector

Postby malax » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:43 pm

Henk, I´m staying in the hotel Hampshire in Putten (I hope ii will be my last hotel for a while) and tomorrow, when a Holland tent firma installs the tent specially made for the TDs about 11-12 I am picking up this beauty from the contact you send me. I will send more photos when I arrive home and work on it:

Now you can call me James Image

I hate I have make all that mistakes with dates, and it is a pity I haven't meet you because is horrible to find places in Holland, people are so nice and tolerant with everything and everybody, that no one says "no" to anything even if the send you to a different place, or to another Putten (there are three by the way).

Not long from now I will have a lot of questions to do somethings to the TD, and equipped it with things I may need: a table inside for the computer? weather conditioner? Fridge? So Heikki I hope you are around and keep in touch.

If we dont see now Henk, I hope we meet in a TD gathering or her in DK who knows, but we have that paella and onion soup in our projects.
malax
Teardrop Inspector

Postby H@nk » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:29 pm

Congratulations Bond, Malax José Bond,

Nice teardrop, with the awning. Better start camping now on the way back home.

I know, we Dutch are very helpfull and tolerant, I also know we have 3 places with the name Putten, but its not hard to find places in Holland.
When you go back to Dänmark, you might go camping at sides of the farmers-club "SVR", Little campsites at farms. not expensive and most of the time they speak also english. Kind people, our Dutch farmers.

I hope we meet soon. Greetings Henk
H@nk
The 300 Club

Postby Classic Finn » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:50 am

What happened? Did Henk & Jose go cruising and camping in Erp?

Classic Finn :roll: :roll:

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby Classic Finn » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:56 am

malax wrote:Henk, I´m staying in the hotel Hampshire in Putten (I hope ii will be my last hotel for a while) and tomorrow, when a Holland tent firma installs the tent specially made for the TDs about 11-12 I am picking up this beauty from the contact you send me. I will send more photos when I arrive home and work on it:

Now you can call me James Image

I hate I have make all that mistakes with dates, and it is a pity I haven't meet you because is horrible to find places in Holland, people are so nice and tolerant with everything and everybody, that no one says "no" to anything even if the send you to a different place, or to another Putten (there are three by the way).

Not long from now I will have a lot of questions to do somethings to the TD, and equipped it with things I may need: a table inside for the computer? weather conditioner? Fridge? So Heikki I hope you are around and keep in touch.

If we dont see now Henk, I hope we meet in a TD gathering or her in DK who knows, but we have that paella and onion soup in our projects.

Hey Jose

We want to see some pictures of your new tear..Or are you busy camping?

Classic Finn ;)

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Previous

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves