Hi from Denmark.

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Postby mikeschn » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:40 pm

Hi Malax,

Welcome to the forum. I see you've already found some of the people close to you, and you are on track to getting the information you need.

Keep posting, have fun, and when the time comes, take lots of pictures! :D

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby malax » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:20 pm

Hei Heikkin, nice gold tooth. :)

I have already sent two emails to l´Alternative asking for their address and more info to visit them in my trip t Holland. But they do not answer (it was almost 3 weeks ago). It is truth that the price looks ok. May be they have closed or the website is old?

I also email Kongtikki in the UK, and apart the basic prices, I will have to check for changes concerning Danish standards, and I never found how much will it cost to be send to DK, but all together a thought to round more than 6.000 €. (I´m very bad for prices, and do not know the price of the milk I buy every day).

Even that a leave in Jytland, known as the more bonderøve bargaining folk in Denmark, I can´t never find how to prutter for prices.

I think that the price you put to your Voyager will be what it costs, so if "the boss" gives its ok for selling, please tell me, I´m interested. 8)

About sentimentality and nostalgia, I can made a paint of your Voyager you can take with you back to Finland. ;)

My best saludos, José.

I said in the other post I will visit Smilo in Holland, it was a mistake, I´m :? with so many sites I´m visiting lately, the one I will visit in Groningen makes this, call camptrailer.

malax
Teardrop Inspector

Postby malax » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:31 pm

Hi Mike, thanks for your welcome.

If everything goes well, this year I will upload here photos from Stonehenge, with my dear Teardrop in the foreground, as part of the monument.

Until them I will star with a photo without TD but with a Bronze age burial behind me,

malax
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Roly Nelson » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:50 pm

Welcommen, Jose. Good to see another Scandinavian joining the Forum. It won't be long before there will be the much fabled Land of the Midnight Sun teardrop gathering. I checked on the "Wind" travel trailer, which I guess passes as a teardrop because you can't stand up in it, it has a bed inside and has a galley/cooking area accessed from the raised hatch lid. That is one design that I doubt many have seen on this side of the pond.

Pretty unique trailer, I'd say. Looks like you could cook up a mean prime rib dinner during a rainstorm, and the hatchlid is high enough so you don't bump your head. My only question is, is the narrow area where the pillows are, wide enough for 2 people to sleep comfortably? If not, I suppose you could sleep with your feet at the other end.

I hope you can find a used teardrop to suit your needs. Trying to buy Heikki's Voyager would be like asking him to sell his right arm. Not too likely. At anyrate, enjoy the info available on this site, it's the best in the world. Now, when you do get that dream teardrop, put it in your schedule to ship it over here and you will meet hundreds of friendly fellow TD owners and users. Enjoy, and ha det so bra.......
Roly :thumbsup: (in the land of the year round sun, So Calif)
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby Classic Finn » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:58 pm

malax wrote:Hei Heikkin, nice gold tooth. :)

I have already sent two emails to l´Alternative asking for their address and more info to visit them in my trip t Holland. But they do not answer (it was almost 3 weeks ago). It is truth that the price looks ok. May be they have closed or the website is old?

I also email Kongtikki in the UK, and apart the basic prices, I will have to check for changes concerning Danish standards, and I never found how much will it cost to be send to DK, but all together a thought to round more than 6.000 €. (I´m very bad for prices, and do not know the price of the milk I buy every day).

Even that a leave in Jytland, known as the more bonderøve bargaining folk in Denmark, I can´t never find how to prutter for prices.

I think that the price you put to your Voyager will be what it costs, so if "the boss" gives its ok for selling, please tell me, I´m interested. 8)

About sentimentality and nostalgia, I can made a paint of your Voyager you can take with you back to Finland. ;)

My best saludos, José.

I said in the other post I will visit Smilo in Holland, it was a mistake, I´m :? with so many sites I´m visiting lately, the one I will visit in Groningen makes this, call camptrailer.

Jose

Id like a painting of the Voyager if you have time to do so.. but I prefer a nice summer view. this winter isnt much to brag about here, darkness and wet and no sun.. ;)

If you dont find a tear that you like Ive got some other ideas and plans that would be nice for you..

Also make sure you check out the laws of the trailers, even though we are in the EU the Laws still are not the same..I found out the hard way but now Im a little wiser to make it a subject of "Please Check" as to what the requirements are..its very important.

Also we can work together on a tear made to the specifications of Denmark instead of having to worry about what you need to change. Never know what it will take to have the changes done..It may not be much between our countries in Scandinavia however it could be more changes between the Uk and Denmark..

Towbar install requirements and lighting.. ;) are the main ones. 750 kilo or under means you dont need brakes.. and anything over you do.

I,ll send you email Jose. May even come and visit in the next month or so.
The price to Denmark is not bad at all. :thumbsup:

I think the trailer you show in the photo is about the 3000 - 4000 Euro Range.. ;) The Wind as our Scandinavian friend Roly mentions is a very nice set up as well..

I know for a fact there is someone building tears in Sweden, just cant think of the name..If I rememeber Ingvar from Canada may know.. we,ll see if he chimes in ... Also maybe Martin Sigge from Sweden may know?

I was given a great start in advice and such here, and I,ll do my best to do the same for you Jose.. :thumbsup: Also our friend over in Ol England Andrew is Excellent for info and drawings as well. See here.

http://www.angib.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/t ... tear00.htm

Sen vi kan dricka en öl över det och plannera lite.

Jose jag har skrivet en email till dej.

Heikki ;)
Royal Teardrop Society Scandinavian Bureau Chief of Staff

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby H@nk » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:18 pm

Hi Malax,

In France free camping is forbidden. Verboten. Only if you have the word of the maire or the owner of the land you can camp for free. In the south in the summer its also forbidden, Verboten, to make any open fire. Or BBQ. Thats in case of fire in the woods.
Old bread isn't hard, no bread, that's hard.
H@nk
The 300 Club

Caravan Association of Finland - In English or Swedish

Postby Classic Finn » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:32 am

Here is a website of our Finnish Caravan Association

http://www.karavaanarit.fi/in_english/

In English or Swedish for our friends..
and also this website:

http://virtual.finland.fi/

It has info that may be of interest to some.. especially the (this side of the Atlantic Folks)

Classic Finn ;)

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby malax » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:02 am

Roly from the land of Queen Calif, thanks for your welcome and the step by step photos of your beautiful TD :o
The post smells at wood. I wish I had you as neighbor.

Thanks also for the tip on Heiikki´s appreciations of anatomy, I will send his wife a good butcher´s knife in case she decides to sell :lol:

It is very important the kitchen, and I will have with me a extra one to make my paellas. I grew up in a country where half of it is in France, and the other half in Spain, and we are known from live for eating, and if the food wasn´t cooked well, them it was one from the french side who did it. 8)
Jeg haber du har det også brat Roly, hilsen José.

Heiikki, I received your email and I have replied it. Thanks for your help and links, the drawings are beautiful and Finland as well (and in spanish!) :shock:

You are right, I have to check well the danish requirements for campers. First a thought that it will be very expensive to buy a TD and bring it to DK, as it happens with caravan-cars where we have to pay a lot of customs-taxes and annual-taxes, but it is different with trailers, and I heard from a dealer that is out of "moms", and it has only to pass the inspection here to be registered .

I have to get more info about this matter, to know how a cant drive one into the country (plates?).

Vi vil drikke to øl over det og planere lidt, tak.

Henk, I´m new in all these about camping and all info is welcome. In the south (Spain & Italy) when asking my friends, no one comes with the same explanation, but it sounds that there are many not so good quality camping, but people cant camp free in the countryside, and as you said, there are a lot of restrictions because of danger of fire.

In France I have read there are a lot of very cheap places "Farmers tourist facilities" where people can park from 2, 3 € a day.

For what I heard from the danish, there are not so open in Denmark with "free" places to camp, but they say the camping places are very good and very reasonable in prices.

Saludos,
:D
malax
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Classic Finn » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:04 am

Jose

within the European Union you dont pay customs..as far as what Ive been told. You have to pay Vat only if bought from another Eu Country.. you can check from the Officials in Denmark about importing a Lille Husvagn from Scandinavia.. ;) to be sure.

If its outside of the Eu then it applies..for sure.

Classic Finn ;)

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby H@nk » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:16 pm

Henk, I´m new in all these about camping and all info is welcome. In the south (Spain & Italy) when asking my friends, no one comes with the same explanation, but it sounds that there are many not so good quality camping, but people cant camp free in the countryside, and as you said, there are a lot of restrictions because of danger of fire.

In France I have read there are a lot of very cheap places "Farmers tourist facilities" where people can park from 2, 3 € a day.

For what I heard from the danish, there are not so open in Denmark with "free" places to camp, but they say the camping places are very good and very reasonable in prices.

Saludos,
:D[/quote]

Well Jose?,

Most of the time we are camping in France, because of the weather and the way the people live. I like them and also speak a little Frenche.
There are some grades in frenche campsides. From 1 till 4 stars, "étoiles",
that means from cheap till expansive. Also there is the possebillety to stay at a farm. There the places are bigger, but the cmfort is lower. most of the time only 2 toilets and 2 showers. electricity is most of the time 6 amps.
Beware when you want to go camping in Italy, its very expensive to stay at campsides, somewhere between 40€ till 70€ per night. Germany, Austria, Switserland and Holland are most of the time over-organized. To many rules. France, Spain and Portugal are better places to stay. ( For your Wallet) I think the best thing you can do, before going to camp, is to get as much information as you can at the Danish Automobil-club. They have most of the time enough information to other European countries. Maybe you have to become a member, for assistance in the other countries. And when you are planning to go to france, get the official camping guide, FFCC, its in Frenche, but the symbols say enough.
Well this was a long story, hope I can help you out with this.
For more questions, just ask.

Salut, Henk
H@nk
The 300 Club

Postby malax » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:26 pm

:thumbsup: Thanks Henk, all this info and advises are very welcome.

I can read french, italian and spanish, so I´m going to check this diverse and new world (for me) of camping.

One of the things I find very positive it is exactly what we are doing; the possibility of sharing information on line in the net, and to get into all kind of websites: from cultural to practical news while we are traveling, not to say the GPS as copilot for "distracted" drivers as me. I think is times to travel with quality, without having to be a tycoon.
malax
Teardrop Inspector

Postby H@nk » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:32 am

Hi Malax,

When you visit Groningen, just drive about 150 km south and you find in "Putten", provincie Gelderland, an imported Teardrop from America.
This is the website.
http://www.teardrops.nl/
Hope you enjoy it.
H@nk
The 300 Club

Postby angib » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:24 am

Good find, Henk. That's a neat canopy/tent over the galley:

Image Image Image

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby Classic Finn » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:52 am

H@nk wrote:Hi Malax,

When you visit Groningen, just drive about 150 km south and you find in "Putten", provincie Gelderland, an imported Teardrop from America.
This is the website.
http://www.teardrops.nl/
Hope you enjoy it.

Ohhh Jose take a lot of Euro with you.. :lol: :lol: :lol: But its definitely by Yoder Toder.. ;)

Classic Finn

Henk is going to buy 2 of them... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

That tent is nice..I think thats been made there in Holland though..Them Dutch are real good at making different styles of tents.. :thumbsup:

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby H@nk » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:32 pm

Hey Heikki,
just tell me, how much money do I have to take with me?
Last saturday i was cleaning up a little and found this again in the back of the garage.Image
H@nk
The 300 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves