Hello from the Great White North

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from the Great White North

Postby Captain Canuck » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:08 pm

Here's a hello from a former lurker, now a member, and itching to get started on my tear-drop. I have approval from "she who controls the cash", so just as soon as this snow and -45 C temperatures leave us here in Edmonton, Alberta, I'll be spending some I'm looking for an appropriate trailer to start work in the spring.

If we have any other Canadians, hook up with me, eh?
Captain Canuck
Captain Canuck
Teardrop Inspector

Postby satch » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:45 pm

Welcome aboard Capt. If you lived here in sunny Calif. you would be working on it now (63 deg.) Stay warm!!! 8)
If it itches. scratch it
Rick
satch
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:29 pm

Image to the lively side of the playground Captain Canuk. We do in fact have a few Canadians on board. Have you picked out a profile? Got designs? :pictures: :pictures: :pictures:

Enjoy
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Mike C. » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:27 pm

Hi Captain Canuck,

Welcome to the forum. Rmember to keep " she who controls the cash" happy and consult with her on your build design. It will help to keep the cash flowing and the trailer building moving forward. Other than that, as soon as you can start, without becoming a large icecube, get to making sawdust and your trailer will be done before you know it.

See you around. :thumbsup:
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

Thank you for the welcome, all...

Postby Captain Canuck » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:55 am

Thanks all, for the "warm" welcome. Here in the sub-Arctic, anything warm is more than welcome.

One quick question for anyone out there. Kathy (she who controls the cash) has placed a condition on my build (and subsequent cash release). There has to be a Porta Potty or some other form of overnight relief without having to run through the dark to the neighbouring bushes, braving bears and Bigfoot along the way. Anybody know how to shoe horn one of those into a tear drop? I'm leaning toward the Benroy style, but we drive a small 4 cylinder front-wheel drive car (Hyundai Accent) so I think a Benroy variant might be too big.

Any ideas would be greatly welcome.

Cheers.
Captain Canuck
Captain Canuck
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:05 am

:lol: 8)

Pett porta potty click here

These are small and come with a "poo powder" that makes solids safe for disposal. Might even keep the bears from investigating. :roll: :thinking:

If you make the mattress in sections you can lift the top section (because the td is taller there) and place it there. Maybe put a curtain up for privacy. Kinda small space to do privacy though.

A side tent will work too. Just make strong doors :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Thanks, Miriam

Postby Captain Canuck » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:42 am

You guys are amazing. Thanks. I'll show this to Kathy. I like the idea of a side tent beside her door too. You're right about the bears...and bison, and elk, and mountain lions and all the things that go bump in the night.
Captain Canuck
Captain Canuck
Teardrop Inspector

Hey Mike C..

Postby Captain Canuck » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:49 pm

Mike C. wrote:Hi Captain Canuck,

Welcome to the forum. Rmember to keep " she who controls the cash" happy and consult with her on your build design. It will help to keep the cash flowing and the trailer building moving forward. Other than that, as soon as you can start, without becoming a large icecube, get to making sawdust and your trailer will be done before you know it.

See you around. :thumbsup:

Love your Avatar...You've been up here, eh?
Captain Canuck
Captain Canuck
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves