Hello from Kansas

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from Kansas

Postby pete.wilson » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:05 pm

Hey All

Droppin in to say hello from Kansas. Looking forward to learning some new tips that I can apply to my research endeavors which gets me camping a fair bit. I'm getting hooked on the tear drops, very kool. 8)

Pete Wilson
Kansas Bigfoot Investigations
Member AIBR & TBRC - both on the web
Why hasn't anyone found a dead bigfoot? When was the last time you found a dead deer, bear, coyote, fox, squirrel, etc. that died in the woods.........Hmmm.
pete.wilson
The 300 Club

Postby Darren » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:10 pm

Welcome Pete. I"ve always wondered what people were refering to when I heard KBI. Now I know. :lol:
Darren
the camper formerly known as Victor Star

Postby oklahomajewel » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:37 pm

Welcome.... you'll have to come camping with us soon,.... whether you have a teardrop to sleep in yet or not.

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:49 pm

Image To the playground Pete. Teardrops are great for getting out.

btw---are you familiar with Pomona Lake. I was wondering how the camping was. 8) 8)

Now we have a thing for pictures and will expect a full photo report if Big Foot is found. The truck or the critter. 8) ;) Keeps the bubble oil level. :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby pete.wilson » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:36 pm

Hey

Thanks all for the welcome.

Miriam,
To be honest, I have never been to Pamona Lake yet, too busy working. But if you all come, give me a buzz and I will bring the family since that's not too far at all.

Julie,
I see your outside of OK City; I sometimes stop there to pick up a friend who works for the Mid-American Christian College, when we are on our way to a TBRC meeting in Texas.

Victor Star,
KBI, a little play on letters. The more one studies bigfoot, the more interesting it becomes. More happens in the US than what most people realize........Now where did I put my camera! LOL. I see your in Shawnee, KS. I work in Olathe, 119th street.
Pete Wilson
Kansas
Why hasn't anyone found a dead bigfoot? When was the last time you found a dead deer, bear, coyote, fox, squirrel, etc. that died in the woods.........Hmmm.
pete.wilson
The 300 Club

Postby satch » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:47 pm

WELCOME!!! Bigfoot in Kansas? :shock:
If it itches. scratch it
Rick
satch
Donating Member

Postby pete.wilson » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:41 am

Hey

Thanks Satch for the welcome.

Not much in Bigfoot activity here in KS these days, I usually go to OK or TX but there was a report near Lake Stockton, MO. in 2006 and I have a newspaper article from Olathe, KS from the late 1880's. They are sighted around the state occasionally.
pete.wilson
The 300 Club

Postby Bill P » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:08 pm

Maybe these guys saw Bigfoot during their Ascent of the Northeast Face of Mt. Sunflower (4,039 feet above sea level)?

http://dim.com/~jbettin/air/ks000.htm

"Into Thick Air"

:roll:

Bill
"Life is hard trooper. It's even harder if you're stupid"...Captain York"

Bill P
Donating Member

Welcome

Postby enigmak » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:12 pm

It's great to have another Kansan join the group. I am from the South West corner, so not near you, but welcome to the group anyway!!! :applause:
enigmak
Teardrop Advisor

Famous Name in California, ya know

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:54 pm

:) Hi Pete and welcome to the forum. Your job is quite interesting. At the IRG in 2006 we had a ranger speak at the campfire on Bigfoot. We are located in Bigfoot Country also, and some of the Indian Tribes living up in the Hoopa Valley reservation have claimed to have had contact with him. They hold a Bigfoot Days celebration in the town of Willow Creek on Hwy 299 every year and have a museum featuring Bigfoot. If you get over to this neck of the woods you'll have to investigate further.
Have a great time browsing the forum and collecting ideas.

The Teardrop Nanny
Joanie :R
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Mike C. » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:11 pm

Hi Pete,

Welcome to the forum. Are there many bigfoot sightings in Kansas? Aunti and I lived up around Lawrence, KS for 20 years, and I don't recall hearing of any. Oh well, probably just me. Anyway, hope you enjoy the forum and get that build started soon. When you do, be sure and post pictures, cause we love pictures.

See you around. :thumbsup:
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

Postby pete.wilson » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:01 am

Hey

Joanie,
Quite a few of my fellow searchers are from the west coast; The founders of the AIBR (Alliance of Independent Bigfoot Researchers) are from that area of Northern California. One member works as an archaeologist for the Sequoia National Forest.

Mike C.
There's not a lot of stuff happening here in KS. these days, most took place around the turn of the century although 1999 and 2000 probably say about a dozen sightings around the east/southeast portion of the state and a couple north of Lawrence/Topeka.

I have someone who I did an investigation on his 80acres near Salem, MO. last year who has a 87 or 88 Starcraft (approx. 15ft closed) hardside pop-up which has a bad floor but he would sell for $250 buck. I'm thinking the frame, axles, and some of the other items that can be salvaged are worth more than $250. I just have to go get it, maybe this spring.

Pete Wilson
pete.wilson
The 300 Club

Postby 2old2tent » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:52 pm

Hey Pete
Welcome to the site. Sorry I missed your thread till now.
Pomona Lake is nice and along with Melvern Lake very close to you.
Hope we can get together sometime when it isn't snowing.

Jack
2old2tent
Teardrop Master

Postby pete.wilson » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:25 pm

Hey

Jack,

Thanks Jack for the welcome...Jeeps rock!

I miss my old 86 CJ7 w/AMC360, headers, 33x12.5x15's especially in the summer with a bikini top and no doors :cry:

Granted my 99 Grand Cherokee isn't bad but it ain't the same.

Pete Wilson
Ottawa, KS
pete.wilson
The 300 Club

Postby Mr. & Mrs. Rabbit » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:34 pm

Welcome Pete :)
Energizer Bunny arrested, charged with battery.
Mr. & Mrs. Rabbit
Teardrop Advisor

Next

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves