Hello From Texas

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello From Texas

Postby JBFTECH » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:07 pm

Hello yall, first off let me introduce myself, I'm Brandon and I'm from central Texas. I've thought on and off for a while about building my own teardrop trailer, but never got around to it, but after watching several shows on TV this afternoon about RV's and travel trailers of all types, I think I'd like to get started. After some searching online I came across this forum, and forums can be a big help when it comes to a project, plus you get to know a lot of people. I have a small trailer to start with, I need to pull it out and check it over to see if it'll even work, other than that, I'm starting from scratch. I look forward to finding and perhaps giving plenty of useful information and I'm sure I'll enjoy this forum!

- Brandon
JBFTECH
Teardrop Inspector

Postby starleen2 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:25 pm

Welcome Brandon – that is how most start out. An interest that turns into an obsession. If you don’t know what that means, just read a few of the threads
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:59 pm

Image to the playground Brandon. A trailer is a good start. Things to pay attention is over all mechanical soundness and axle placement. 8) OH and if your camera works. We can be a lot of help with some pictures, and they keep the bubble oil level. :thumbsup:

Enjoy
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby edevans » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:26 pm

Brandon, Welcome, have fun, enjoy. Ed
edevans
The 300 Club

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:15 am

Hello Brandon. Welcome aboard.....it's great to have yet another Texan on board. There are a few gatherings coming up soon and you should try to go to one (check out the "South Central" section below) and see some teardrops in person. You will definately be hooked then.

Be sure to take and post lots of pics as we all love them.

You will find loads of information here.

Linda and Charles
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby Mike C. » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:55 pm

Hi Brandon,

Welcome to the forum. You've come to the right place to learn all about trailer building. Got questions, just ask. We are a friendly group, and we like to help out our fellow TDer's. Just don't forget the pictures.

See you around. :thumbsup:
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

Postby JBFTECH » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:41 am

Thanks for the welcome everyone! We'll be out of town from today until Monday, but when we get back I'll pull the trailer out and take some measurements to see what I'm dealing with, and I'll take a couple of pictures to let yall tell me if you think it'll work! Well, I've got to get to work, be back Monday, have a good weekend all!

- Brandon
JBFTECH
Teardrop Inspector

Postby EVAC A SHACK » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:17 am

Welcome Brandon,

Try to make it to a Gathering,possibly Beavers Bend April 4, 5, 6 and really get hooked and get ideas and meet the people in person. Good luck on your build.
EDDIE AND LINDA SMELLEY
LUFKIN, TX
EVAC A SHACK
Teardrop Master

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves