Another from Texas Joins the Junkies

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Another from Texas Joins the Junkies

Postby Gumshoe » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:35 am

I have been surfing TTF for several months now and it looks like the time has come to inform momma that we are going to be adding some more tools to the work shop. :twisted: (Another great reason to build your own tear!) You guys have been a great inspiration thus far and there is so much information available it sometimes makes one's head hurt. :? No doubt I know where to turn for advice as the project progresses.

Bruce in S.A.
Gumshoe
Teardrop Inspector

Postby bobhenry » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:43 am

All it really takes is basic household tools. I guess thats why I hate Norn Abrams he has a tool for everything and would be lost without his $700,000 's worth of shop toys. Wade in and buy as needed and good luck. Remember we're watching and if you are real nice you can let us in on your boo boo's too we need a good :lol: now and then .

Bob
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby DBizer » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:10 am

Welcome Bruce,

Glad to see another from the area has caught "The Bug".

You're right about all the information on this forum! So many great Ideas, from so many people it's hard to not want to incorporate all of these Ideas in one trailer! I think that is why so many folks build more than one. NOT ME.............................But on the next one!!!!!!!!

Keep us posted on your plans and progress. Holler if I can help with any local/area supply sources.

David (in New Braunfels)
"It's not that there are not enough hours in the day, it's that there are not enough days in the weekend !!! "
DBizer
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:26 am

Go Texas...Go Texas...

Welcome Bruce

In case you haven't heard we love pictures.

Hope to meet you at a gathering...........

Linda and Charles
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby SteveH » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:01 am

Welcome Bruce, and if I can help you in any way, just drop me a PM....I'm just up the road from you near Bulverde.
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Gumshoe » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:51 pm

Bob, thanks for the heads up on tools but I just gotta add more to the inventory; it's a guy thing you know!

David, one of the things I am looking for is a local San Antonio supplier of sheet aluminium. I am planning a 5X8 version of the Cubby, slightly modified of course. It just wouldn't be right to stay with a fully tested, successful model. I gotta reinvent the mouse trap!

To all, I promise to post pictures as I start so ya'll can get some good snickers in.

Thanks again for the support,
Bruce
Gumshoe
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Sonetpro » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:56 pm

HOLY COW ANOTHER TEXAN. :shock:
Welcome to the forum. You gotta love a reason to buy new tools.
}><)))'> ~--------------·´¯) SteveT
You don't know what the limit's are until you take it there.ImageImageImage
Sonetpro
Site Admin

Postby SteveH » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:12 pm

Gumshoe wrote:Bob, thanks for the heads up on tools but I just gotta add more to the inventory; it's a guy thing you know!

David, one of the things I am looking for is a local San Antonio supplier of sheet aluminium. I am planning a 5X8 version of the Cubby, slightly modified of course. It just wouldn't be right to stay with a fully tested, successful model. I gotta reinvent the mouse trap!

To all, I promise to post pictures as I start so ya'll can get some good snickers in.

Thanks again for the support,
Bruce

Bruce, I built my trailer 5 foot wide, and bought my aluminum at Reliance Metals. There are other places also.
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Roly Nelson » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:06 pm

Welcome, Bruce. We builders were once where you are regarding the starting of a teardrop build. Since you have already decided on the size and shape, you are well on the way to getting started. Shucks, what a great idea, convincing the wife that you need additional tools to do the job. Wish I would have thought of that. Remember, many are here to help, just ask and sit back and watch the responses. Take pics and post 'em,
Roly 8) Remembering the state that took a whole day to drive through on my honeymoon in 1952...........Texas.
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby Gumshoe » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:55 pm

Roly,

Thanks for the encouragement! I have to tell you, I looked at your workmanship several times and I was blown away by what I saw. Lots of great ideas to draw from.

Bruce
Gumshoe
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:17 pm

Bruce, you should see Roly's teardrop in person. It is awsome......

Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby Mike C. » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:51 pm

Hi Bruce,

Welcome to the forum. Get those new tools and get to building and you will be camping before you know it. Just be sure to supply lots of pictures of your build's progress.

See you around. :thumbsup:
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves