Hi from the sandhills of North Carolina.

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hi from the sandhills of North Carolina.

Postby tmaxx2dmaxx » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:17 pm

Well where do I start.........

My name is James and I live in Pinehurst, NC. Im 6'5" and 300lbs so I am probably one of the larger teardroppers on here. I am in the planning stages on my TD right now. Its going to be a 4X8 custom design that I am attempting to make lite enough to be pulled by a car. The real challenge for me is the fact that I have never seen a TD in person. With all the information on this site I think I can get it done.
tmaxx2dmaxx
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Hi from the sandhills of North Carolina.

Postby Mary K » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:38 pm

tmaxx2dmaxx wrote:Well where do I start.........

My name is James and I live in Pinehurst, NC. Im 6'5" and 300lbs so I am probably one of the larger teardroppers on here. I am in the planning stages on my TD right now. Its going to be a 4X8 custom design that I am attempting to make lite enough to be pulled by a car. The real challenge for me is the fact that I have never seen a TD in person. With all the information on this site I think I can get it done.

Welcome!!

I have visited Pinehurst, NC and it is a purdy little town. With all that sand and scrub pines you think you are on the coast somewhere. Not to mention all the Golf Courses :lol:

Make sure you check out the top menu. It has lots of links to very useful information.

BTW, I built my TD without ever seeing one in person. So you can do it too. :thumbsup:

Good luck, and keep us posted on your build.
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby Roly Nelson » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:55 pm

Hi James, welcome to the best trailer info board on the net. Pinehurst, ahh yes, right close to Rockingham and the speedway. I visited one of my fellow flyer's old haunts in NC, a place called Kitty Hawk, and while there checked out many of your old lighthouses.

Building a teardrop that can be pulled by a car should be no problem since just about any size car is being used to haul them around. Buy that frame and get committed. Then all you have to do is decide on the size, shape and exterior material, no sweat. Ask any questions during your build and take pics to keep us all up to date on the progress.

I suggest you post a note in the General Discussion section, asking if there are any TDers in your area and where there will be a gathering that you can attend to check out what one looks like and the type you want to build. Good luck.
Roly 8)
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby asianflava » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:20 am

Gonna build a Teardrop for the T-Maxx? Welcome to the forum.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Re: Hi from the sandhills of North Carolina.

Postby bobhenry » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:49 am

tmaxx2dmaxx wrote:Well where do I start.........

. Im 6'5" and 300lbs so I am probably one of the larger teardroppers on here.

You ain't large son just tall that's all :lol:

All that in a 4 wide ????

Our 5x10 by 5 tall pulls well and fits me and old what's her name. We are both big people ( just we are vertically challenged).
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby tmaxx2dmaxx » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:26 pm

Thank you all for your kind words. Rockingham Speedway will be alive again in the near future. ARCA is running there in May.

tmaxx2dmaxx
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mikeschn » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:39 pm

Hey James,

Welcome to the forum.

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Miriam C. » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:39 pm

Image to the playground Maxxx2 8) You are not the largest td'er here so get comfortable. Take lots of pictures cause Madjack is lurking somewhere. :roll: Oh and it keeps the bubble oil level. :thumbsup:

Unless you are just committed to full fenders and don't have a custom frame you might consider making a 4' 6" wide. It will give you room for elbows, knees and toes. :twisted:

Enjoy
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Jiminsav » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:02 pm

My Gawd son, you better think about a 5X10 instead of a tiny 4X8..you'll be glad it's big the first time you pass out...err,i mean go to sleep in it..
Ask Bill Hernandez about a too short trailer.. :lol: :lol:
Jim in Savannah
If you can read this bumper sticker, my camper fell off.
Jiminsav
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Mike C. » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:28 pm

Hi James,

Welcome to the forum. Before you jump in and decide what you want to build, you might check out what everyone else has done, by checking out the " Hall of Fame ". Glad you decided to join.

See you around. :thumbsup:
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves