Hello from Southeast PA!

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from Southeast PA!

Postby boxfullofyertoys » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:11 am

Hey there everyone!

I stumbled across this site about a week ago after I caught my self looking at other T&TTT sites AGAIN. I've been interested in them for probably a good 2+ years now, and now that I have the motivation and space (and a forum!) I'm finally ready to get my hands dirty. After countless scouring here, I'm thinking the best approach is a simple one...4x8 HF 1200 trailer with a Grasshopper-inspired look.

As of right now I've picked up the trailer, and it's mostly assembled. I'm hoping tonight to rid the trailer of that lame hinge, and give the whole frame a good coat of black paint. After that I'll put the springs and axle in place, get the wiring on, and get myself down to the big box for some lumber. I've loaded up a few pics into my album of the trailer build. I haven't uploaded any concept designs yet, as I'm a pencil/paper sort of guy and need to fire up the scanner. Bonus points if you can figure out the make and model of my other project sitting in the background :)

I look forward to talking to you and (hopefully) camping with you this summer!

-Dave
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
-Albert Einstein
boxfullofyertoys
Teardrop Inspector

Postby toypusher » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:35 am

Dave,

Welcome to the forum. I'm over in the York area. We are having a gathering close to here 30May - 01Jun at Gifford Pinchot Park. Maybe you could come on over (don't need to have the teardrop finished) and join us, if only for a day trip!!

Here's a link: http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=21718
toypusher
Site Admin

Re: Hello from Southeast PA!

Postby bobhenry » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:44 am

boxfullofyertoys wrote:Hey there everyone!

Bonus points if you can figure out the make and model of my other project sitting in the background :)

-Dave

One of those ferin' cars . My guess an MG or Triumph.
"Lucas electrics , the prince of darkness "
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Re: Hello from Southeast PA!

Postby boxfullofyertoys » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:01 am

bobhenry wrote:
boxfullofyertoys wrote:Hey there everyone!

Bonus points if you can figure out the make and model of my other project sitting in the background :)

-Dave

One of those ferin' cars . My guess an MG or Triumph.
"Lucas electrics , the prince of darkness "

Close...it's a 1962 Austin Healey Sprite...MG midget would have also been acceptable due to the fact that they're practically the same car. And yes, Lucas is the son of the devil. :R
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
-Albert Einstein
boxfullofyertoys
Teardrop Inspector

Postby boxfullofyertoys » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:04 pm

toypusher wrote:Dave,

Welcome to the forum. I'm over in the York area. We are having a gathering close to here 30May - 01Jun at Gifford Pinchot Park. Maybe you could come on over (don't need to have the teardrop finished) and join us, if only for a day trip!!

Here's a link: http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=21718

Thanks for the invite!

I just booked site 265 for 2 nights. I'm hoping to have the TTT done by then, but either way I'll be there :)
-Albert Einstein
boxfullofyertoys
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Miriam C. » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:51 pm

Image to the playground Dave. Great plan and a weekend booked. :thumbsup: Great start with the frame so get to making sawdust. ;)

Oh and thanks for keeping the bubble oil level. :twisted:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Mike C. » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:06 pm

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the forum. Well, I was gonna guess an MG Midget, since I used to own one, but I couldn't get a good enough look-see, even with my magnifying glass. Looks like you are off to a great start, and you've got the picture thing down, so get to it, and you'll be camping before you know it.

See you around. :thumbsup:
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves