New Builder

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

New Builder

Postby RoskoPcoltrain » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:05 pm

Hi everyone! Man I am glad I found this site! A teardrop is the perfect compromise for my wife and I. My idea of camping is under the stars and hers is an RV. I have been combing these forums for the last month and I am finally ready to begin. I am going to use a 4x8 HF trailer and a combination of the Generic Benry plans and some plans I bought off Ebay.(The Generic Benroy Plans are better by the way!) Instead of cabinets in the sleeping area I am just putting a shelf that will be a bunk bed for my son. Now I am just waiting for my tax return so I can get started! :thumbsup:
I think I will be alright with the build but the wiring makes me a little nervous. I will have to call on the veterans for advice on that! I will get pictures up as soon as I start my build. I know how you guys like the pictures! Thank you all for the help you have already provided and thanks in advance for all the help you will give me during my build!
"A painter turns the sun into a yellow spot, but an artist turns the yellow spot into a sun."
RoskoPcoltrain
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Mike C. » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:22 pm

Hi Rosko,

Welcome to the forum. Another Missouri builder. Sounds like you know what you want to build, so all you need to do is start making sawdust, and before you know it you will be camping. I see you know about the picture thing, so it sounds like you are well on your way.

See you around. :thumbsup:
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:32 pm

Welcome to the forum Rosko We're just down the road a ways in Rayville.
Hope to meet up with you all somewhere soon.
Gary
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby G-force » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:36 am

Welcome. Nice forum name...some day your get dem Duke boys!

Mike
G-force
Teardrop Master

Postby mikeschn » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:01 am

Welcome to the forum Rosko!

The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Miriam C. » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:48 am

Image to the playground. Got plan=make sawdust. :thumbsup:

At the top of each page is a sticky of stuff collected. Electric Secrets has a wonderful list of url's to get you what you need. If you run into an issue just ask. :thumbsup:

Enjoy :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Roly Nelson » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:39 am

Glad you found us, Rosko, welcome to the board. It is always nice to have a new builder getting interested in creating his own little trailer. If you can build a trailer, you should have no trouble with the wiring, it's just a bunch of wire and routing it to the correct locations.......... :-) Think of it as water pipes, one wire supplying water and the other sending it back. Running the 12 volt is probably the easiest but the 110 volt is similar except the voltage is about 9 times stronger!

Read the info found in the links above and ask any questions you feel you need answers to. Good luck on your build. Take pics, post em, visit other TD builders, check out a local TD gathering and by all means, enjoy the project which you will probably be using for some time.
Roly :thumbsup:
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby pete.wilson » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:23 am

Hey

Welcome to the forums :thumbsup:

Pete Wilson
Kansas Bigfoot Investigations
Ottawa, KS
Why hasn't anyone found a dead bigfoot? When was the last time you found a dead deer, bear, coyote, fox, squirrel, etc. that died in the woods.........Hmmm.
pete.wilson
The 300 Club

Postby s4son » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:06 pm

Hey Rosko,
I'm just down the road a bit in Smithville. There are several members from the board that are fairly close. Just holler if you have questions.

Scott F.
Are we there yet?
ImageImage
s4son
Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves