Arkansas Newb

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Arkansas Newb

Postby videomagician » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:55 pm

Hi Everybody!

I'm David from Arkansas.

Been thinking about ordering the Kuffel Creek Comet plans for a few months. Of course since I found this forum over the weekend, I'm really ready! Now I think it might be best to look at some tears in person to see what I want to do next.

Now back to reading . . .

David
videomagician
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Roly Nelson » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:27 am

Hi David, welcome to the board. You might check the Destinations section, above to find where there is a TD gathering in your neck of the woods. Also, on the General Disscusion section, you might want to ask your fellow Arkansas teardroppers to give you an invite to come over and check out their teardrops.

Kuffle Creek plans have been sold all over the world and you will find Kevin to be more than helpful. When you get your trailer, give us a hollar about how you are doing and be sure to take lots of pics, this is the only chance you will get. (until you build the second one).

Building and using a teardrop trailer will change your life, you'll meet the nicest campers around and soon you will be encouraging other newbees as well. Good luck on your build, now will it be an alum covered rig or perhaps a woody? Choices, choices.
Roly...........Enjoy ;)
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby razorback » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:32 am

Hey David
I am across the river from you. I too chose the Kuffle Creek plans. I finished by TD last June. Contact me if you want to look at my trailer or the plans. Enjoy the build.
Larry
razorback
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Nobody » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:30 am

Welcome David! I'm in th' other direction from razorback, I live in Benton. My TD is strictly home designed/home built but incorporates features from several 'conventional' designs. Take a look at my album & if you'd like a look, PM me for my phone # & we'll get together :thumbsup:
Harvey -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Doing the right thing ain't always easy but, . . . it's always right!
Nobody
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby oklahomajewel » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:40 am

COME CAMPING WITH US !!!! Even if you're just in a tent, or rent a cabin ... come see us and you'll fall in love with us... haha !!! The South Central group would love to have you come to camp with us ... we'll be in se Oklahoma at Beavers Bend on Apr 4-6 and then there's Petit Jean in June and some other east Oklahoma get togethers possibly in May and Sept, etc.

Follow Razorback or Diverguy and come to Beavers Bend!!!

Julie
ps.... I used the Kuffel Creek designs... it's okay but you really need to see one in person, lift the hatch, lay down inside, etc .... look at Mike's designs here on this forum and then git er done!!!
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:19 am

Image to the playground David. You have now been given all the best advice for a great start, nothing left for me to do but invite you to hurry up. 8) :lol: :designing: :question: :hammer: :wine party:

Enjoy :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Mike C. » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:53 pm

Hi David,

Welcome to the forum. I know you have apparently decided what you want to build, but if you're not sure, you might check out what everyone else has done in the "Hall of Fame". It is located at the top left of each page. The most important requirement though is to post lots of pictures when you do start your build.

See you around. :thumbsup:
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

Postby ARKPAT » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:35 pm

videomagician
Teardrop Builder

Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:55 pm Post subject: Arkansas Newb

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Everybody!

I'm David from Arkansas.

Been thinking about ordering the Kuffel Creek Comet plans for a few months. Of course since I found this forum over the weekend, I'm really ready! Now I think it might be best to look at some tears in person to see what I want to do next.

Now back to reading . . .

David

WELCOME David !

Looks like you have gotten some good advice already for the members form the South Central/North Central group.

As they said come Join us at Beaver's Bend State Park in Southwestern corner of Oklahoma between Mena and Texarkana. LINK to MAP here.

:thumbsup:

Also in June 20th thru 22nd we are having Petit Jean II Camp-in at Petit Jean State Park this year. LINK to Map of Petit Jean is HERE.

There are several other gathering around depending how far you want to travel and the amount of time you have to travel to get there. This would be a good way to see and ask about the trailer you are looking to build. Don't be supprised if you change your mind several times before and during your build. Customize it the way you like.

:thumbsup:

Pat
Life is to short always eat dessert first.
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby videomagician » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:29 pm

Thanks for all the Welcomes!

My wife and I may plan a day trip down to Beaver's Bend. I might try to also take up some of the locals offer to look at their builds.

Thanks again!

David
videomagician
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves