Howdy from the Bluegrass State of Kentucky.

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Howdy from the Bluegrass State of Kentucky.

Postby wildmaninreed » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:50 pm

Hi Folks
hmmmm,,tell about myself?? ok,,here goes,,lol
I'm a 51 year old male I am from Evansville,Ind. (Hatched & Raised) I live just over the Ohio river from there in Henderson County Kentucky in a small town called Reed between Henderson & Owensboro. I'm a Vol. Firefighter here in Reed too.
I found the Love of my Life & Soul mate in a small town down in Louisiana & moved her here & we got married March 10th 06.
I love tinkering with stuff & I guess I'm a Handyman kind of kind when it comes to doing anything there is or is throwed up in front of me.
I got a Boat & Trailer from a Friend a year or 2 ago for Free, Sold the Boat for $300 & kepted the trailer & I'm wanting to build a Teardrop or Grasshopper on it as it is only the wife & I & our 2 kid's (4 legged kind,,lol)
Not real sure where to start with it & hoping to get a few good ideals from ya'll nice folks. Maybe there is a few folks in my area that is building one to & we might be able to help each other out??
I run my own HandyMan type bussiness & I do have wood working tools, Plus, I'm a Auto Mechanic by trade & know my way around Welding & Fab work too.
Maybe I might know something about something you all don't know??? lol
I have saw some of you all's work & Wow ^5 Folks!
I do hope that the Wife & I can start soon of our trailer when it get's warm enough here.
Thx's again for letting me in your Little Family here & hope I get to know some of you too.
God Bless
Wendell
wildmaninreed
Teardrop Inspector

Postby jje507 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:07 pm

Welcome Wendell,
I had never seen a teardrop other than in pictures when I started my build, but I had no problems because every possible answer to all my questions had been talked about by some one on this forum. There are some great builders here that can help you with just about anything relating to a teardrop.
Just browse around and ask for help when you need it!
Good Luck!
Jeff
jje507
Silver Donating Member

Postby Jst83 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:44 am

Welcome Wendell from a neighbor to the north,
You'll find lots of info on here to build whatever design you deside to go with or your own design.
If you want to see lots of Tears first hand we've got a large gathering forming at Browncounty State park in May, You should try and stop by or even stay for the weekend if you want. :thumbsup: Check out the midwest section for details.
That being said read, have fun and don't forget the pictures

Scott
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby prohandyman » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:05 am

Wendell
Welcome from one handyman to another. If you can use a tape measure and power tools, which you must if you do handyman work, then you will have no problem building a tear. Brouse thru the threads on this forum, and don't hesitate to ask questions. We were all there once, and know what is was to think that a project like this would be daunting. And like Scott stated, think about coming to Brown County in May. There will be upwards of 30 tear drop campers there to view, and lots of helpful owners to ask questions. Let the fun begin!! :twisted:
Dan
155200 Facebook group 164774163701
prohandyman
Super Lifetime Member

Postby bobhenry » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:28 am

Yeah what they said ,,,,
You are 160 miles or less if you go as the crow flies and only a couple hours away from Brown County. Beg or borrow a tent and grab a site and stay for the deep fried pickles :lol: O.K. just stop by for the day , that what I did on my 1st gathering. RapRap is in Evansville and he's coming. My next door neighbor is from Dallas Texas ( up visiting family) and we have a couple coming from Northern Alabama. The Shelby car club will be in the park the same weekend and you can see a lot of Cobras and Shelby Mustangs up close and personal. Visit the Midwest sight and just make that reservation :thumbsup:
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:02 am

Image To the playground Wendell. Sounds like you have a great start on a teardrop. If you can weld you can modify (if needed) the trailer so you just need to make some sawdust.

I was well into making ours before we saw one in person. :thumbsup: If you can get to a campout it will be loads of fun and informative.

Enjoy
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby jworster » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:11 am

Hi Wendall :)

Welcome! I know you will find all the information you could possibly need on here! Even I (who knows next to nothing about this stuff! :? ) have figured out what I want, what I don't, and how to build it! Amazing. Anyway, good luck with your build!

Jen
jworster
Teardrop Inspector

Postby wildmaninreed » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:19 pm

I want to Thank Everyone for the Warm Welcome here. :D
Not sure if we'll be able to make it up north in May for the Camp out Thingy, But we'll just have to see how things go if we can or can't.
I have checked out a many of pic's of you all's TD's & all I can say is Wow & Just hope the wife & I can do or build one half as good as you all gal's & guy's. My Cap goes off to you all :applause:
It's still raining here in the Evansville,Ind. & Henderson,Ky. area. They say we going to get sunshine tomorrow (Sat) & Sunday, but I'll believe that when I see it :x lol
I still got alot more to see on here, So , Nite Nite all & Have a Great Weekend 8)
Wendell
wildmaninreed
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves