hello everyone, I'm a newbie from cali

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

hello everyone, I'm a newbie from cali

Postby RAYNE » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:04 pm

Hey guys!

Wow! this is a great forum. There is just a plethera of information on here. I've already lost a lot of sleep because I just couldn't turn of the computer and stop reading.
I got bit by the teardrop bug a few months ago when one of my coworkers told me her husband was building one. I love to camp and have always wanted to do a cross country trip and think a td will be the perfect rig to do it in.
Unfortunately I currently live in a apartment and my partner told me I'm not allowed to start building untill we at least have a place with a garage :( .....
However we are going to be buying our own place soon so I shouldn't have to wait too much longer. I'm using this time I have to do some really good researching and get as much information as I can before I start. I've pretty much got the profile I want drawn out. It's definitely a more non traditional tear as I'm shying away from the big curves. It was inspired by the camping pod designed by paul butler. I really liked the shape but wanting something that was as roomy as a teardrop.
You guys will be the first to know when I can start getting my hands dirty on this project. Untill then I'll just continue to educate myself and pick your combined brains whenever I have a question.

Thanks!
Rayne
RAYNE
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mikeschn » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:30 pm

Hey Rayne,

Welcome to the forum...

Can you scan and share your plans with us in your album? ;)

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby rabs » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:32 pm

Hey Rayne, welcome to the forum, I did the same as you, joined and asked lots of questions before I started mine, let me tell you that as a resource this forum has no peers and the people are very friendly So enjoy and get building

cheers

Rabs :thumbsup:
Happy to be Trailer Trash

There a 3 kinds of people that I don't like in this world, Those that can count and those that can't
rabs
Teardrop Advisor

Postby hiker chick » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:58 pm

Good luck! Nothing like a cross-country trek. I've done a few but my next will be the first with a teardrop.

Good that you have ample time to get squared away on a design and the materials you'll need.

:applause:
Hot Stuff Today, Dog Stuff Tomorrow

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:34 am

Image to the playground Rayne. Planning takes time so enjoy the opportunity and remember to take lots of :pictures: :pictures: :pictures: cause it keeps the bubble oil level and the madones happy. Though they seem to be AOL at the moment. :roll:

Enjoy
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Re: hello everyone, I'm a newbie from cali

Postby bobhenry » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:17 pm

RAYNE wrote:Hey guys!

Unfortunately I currently live in a apartment and my partner told me I'm not allowed to start building untill we at least have a place with a garage :( .....
However we are going to be buying our own place soon so I shouldn't have to wait too much longer.
Thanks!
Rayne

Tell the old boat anchor you need a trailer to help in the move . :lol:
Then you will at least have the floor done. :twisted:
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby RAYNE » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:16 pm

oooooooooooooo thats a good idea...... i've been pricing trailers for awhile now. There are some good ones listed on craigslist.
RAYNE
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves