Stolen 1946 Benroy Teardrop

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Postby S. Heisley » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:22 pm

Terri:

I am sorry to hear of your troubles. You were smart to post it here.

Because it was stolen from the San Diego, CA area, it may have been towed to the other side of our nation's southern border. We have people on the forum who live in Mexico and people who visit there and it would probably be even more of an attention-getter down there than it is here. Regardless of where it was towed to, the person who took it probably has no idea of the thousands of people that have just been notified and will be watching for it! Somebody will see it somewhere. Here's hoping you get it back soon!
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby iplay10us2 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:30 pm

I am so sorry to hear about the theft. I hope it will be found quickly and in the same shape as when it was stolen. Someone is going to see it somewhere and report it.

Was it stolen from your garage or carport area? What kind of hitch or coupler locks did you have on it?

I am thinking I might need to secure mine better now. I had planned on putting the same kind of alarm I have for my scooter on my teardrop, and this might be the impetus I need to get it done.
Susann
iplay10us2
Silver Donating Member

Postby Spotman » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:55 pm

Terri, sorry to here about the loss.

Just a thought... Do you think it might have been towed by the city for where it was parked? Just a thought... it happens here if someone complains about a "vehicle" taking up space and they are annoyed. :x

Bob
2018 Heartland Terry Classic V21
2018 Toyota Tundra DC
Spotman
500 Club

Re: Stolen 1946 Benroy Teardrop Additional Info

Postby Joanne » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:15 pm

Terri,

Of all the great reasons to join this list, that one is at the bottom! Our hearts go out to you for your loss. Most of us have an eye for spotting tears and yours has enough unique features to make it easy to spot.

I'm going to recommend that everyone write down the contact information and put it in your purse or wallet. If you see it you want to be able to notify your local police AND the San Diego detective as quickly as possible.

With any luck we'll track down the bad guys and get that beautiful trailer back. :worship:

Joanne

Terri Magill wrote:Benny was stolen from 2348 Highview Lane in Spring Valley, CA. The San Diego Sheriff's Dept, Lemon Grove Station's Detective Sherman is the invesitagor. 619-337-2000 Case #09039653.

When this happened (May 31, 2009) I was on a road trip in North Carolina from Asheville to the Outer Banks (unfortunately without my rig!) I spoke with the initial Deputy on June 1st with regard to the theft the general description and VIN but have not been able to speak with Detective Sherman since my return on June 8th.

I am headed out the door with my flyers for the Spring Valley area and the Lemon Grove Sheriff's station to ensure that Detective Sherman knows what he is looking for.

FYI - The builder/craftsman responsible for Benny's incredible style is Tom Eckholdt of Good Guys Rod & Custom Association. I bought the Teardrop from him in 2007 and have only done some very minor maintenance and convenience type repairs and additions.

Thanks again . . . what a great bunch of guys! LuvYaT
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby teardrop_focus » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:43 pm

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I live 2 hours north of San Diego in L.A... but I know ten people in San Diego and two more that live in Mexico that I've met and post with on a car forum.

I've just started a thread on [FJ]focaljet, a Ford Focus message board forum, with the pics in Dean's post and asking anyone to notify me immediately if this trailer is spotted anywhere in the San Diego region or south of the border.

I'd post a link to said thread, but it's in the Regional forums where one needs to be a registered member to view it.

Spreadin' the word, thanks to the intarnetz! :thumbsup:

"There is something about these little trailers that brings out the best in people." - BigAl, Scotland, 2010

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into the trees...
The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away like autumn leaves..." - John Muir, 1898

Chris Squier / teardrop_focus :-)~
teardrop_focus
Donating Member

Postby Mike_La » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:01 pm

Terri,
Sorry to hear about the theft of your Benroy.

I posted the theft on our camping forum. We've got members all over the US(quite a few from your state), and Canada. Hope this will help. The more folks looking, the better chance of recovery.

Mike
Mike

"Believe you can and you're halfway there."
Theodore Roosevelt
Mike_La
Silver Donating Member

Postby cuyeda » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:45 pm

You might periodically search Craig's list using www.craigshelper.com to broaden the search across regions. Good Luck.
Why just dance, when you can Salsa!
Cliff & Vanessa
cuyeda
Platinum Donating Member

Postby kirkman » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:15 am

Boy that sucks! :cry: :x I will keep a lookout here on the east coast. I travel quite a bit around NY, Pa, WV, Mass, And Canada. I hope one of us here finds her for you!
"If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito." -- Dalai Lama XIV
kirkman
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby IndyMatt » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:52 am

Terri,
Hopefully your teardrop won't make it this far, but I'll be on the lookout here in Indiana - the crossroads of America
IndyMatt
Teardrop Builder

Postby FireLion » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:22 am

I'm in the K.C. area and I'll keep an eye out around here.
'How can ya get away from it all if ya take it all with ya?'
2004 Ford Escape Ltd.
2012 Coleman tent-no wheels, no A/C, no hitch
FireLion
500 Club

STOLEN TEARDROP

Postby john curtis » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:43 am

Sorry to hear about your loss,and hope they find it soon.Dont know if they will go this far north but will be watching for it in the Edmonton area and Alberta too.
john curtis
Teardrop Master

Postby Mike_La » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:32 pm

cuyeda wrote:You might periodically search Craig's list using www.craigshelper.com to broaden the search across regions. Good Luck.

Good idea.

There are millions watching Craigslist daily.
Terri,
I suggest you post the theft on their RV and General Sections HERE.

Mike
Mike

"Believe you can and you're halfway there."
Theodore Roosevelt
Mike_La
Silver Donating Member

Postby darhymes » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:37 pm

My wife and I will teardroppin' up Hwy 395 in a couple of weeks. I have pics printed of your rig and will keep an eye out. Sorry to hear about your misfortune, that is a great looking little trailer.

:x
Flying a plane is no different from riding a bicycle. It's just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

— Captain Rex Kramer, in the movie 'Airplane.'
darhymes
Donating Member

Postby Barry and Darby H. » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:39 pm

Very sorry to hear of your misfortune and rest assured we've got an eye out over here near Cape Cod Ma. for your trailer. I've spent the last 6 months of my life building mine and I couldn't imagine how you must feel but if it's out there.... It will be spotted with this many eyes looking for it. I'm posting a look out for it on Tearjerkers as well. Good Luck in your search,

Barry
Barry and Darby H.
Teardrop Advisor

Postby jplock » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:31 pm

I am sorry about your loss. My eyes will be peeled watching for it here in Oklahoma.
jplock
:embarassed:
Keep smiling!
jplock
500 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves