Hello From MN

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello From MN

Postby Raspar » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:35 am

Hello everyone, looking forward to all the information on this site. Hoping to start my build soon and really looking forward to getting away and finding my soul again.
Raspar
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Hello From MN

Postby dakippen » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:04 am

Welcome - from another newbie MN....
Build journal: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67862

Doing at almost 60 what I should have done at 20....
dakippen
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Roly Nelson » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:06 pm

Hi Raspar, welcome aboard. Yes, you have come to the right place to get teardrop building information. However, we would like to know more about you, and you seem to have skipped the "Newbies, Introduce yourselves" note on the main page. However, here it is:

Welcome to our little group of builders and dreamers. We are glad you found us, if I may, here is a little advice:
1) spend some time familiarizing yourself with the board and a lotta time reading past posts...there is a good chance your question has been asked before and you may find the answer there...if not you will learn a bunch anyway and can still ask away
2) look at the pics in the "Hall of Fame" and at members personal albums, both accessible at the top of page
3) checkout members websites and build journals...available thru buttons at the bottom of members posts
4) think loooooooong and hard about what you have to have Vs, what you think you want...A TD or TTT is not an all inclusive RV but rather a giant step up from tent camping
5) semi-settle on a design and certain options that are somewhat close to your skill level...and don't be afraid to reach above that level. One of the most important design considerations is the K.I.S.S. principle (keep it simple stupid)...something almost all of us come back to on a regular basis
6) when you registered, a personal album was created for you on this board, it is accessible by clicking on the "album" button at the top. You can post pics to this album from your PC but they first have to be resized to 640x480(approx). Further instructions can be found by clicking "help with photos" at the top of this page. We want ya to take lottsa pics, and upload them to your album...why, because we luv da pics and you will want to show 'em off to your friends when they ask..."you really built that yourself"
7) when you do start posting, introduce yourself first and tell us a little about yourself and what you ultimately intend to do...you wouldn't walk up to a group of strangers and start asking who/what/when/where and demanding answers...that would be rude and would be considered the same here

Now, that you have done all of that, your questions will be much easier for us to answer and for you to understand our answers and believe me you will get lotsa answers...sooooo get to dreamin' and buildin' and once again...Welcome to the addiction of TearDrops and TinyTravelTrailers :D :thumbsup: :applause:

Good luck on your proposed build, I hope this info helps.
:) 8) ;) Roly, the li'l ol' So Calilf woody TD builder
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby dmdc411 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:39 pm

Welcome Rasper from another Minn teardropper !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
dmdc411
Teardrop Master

Postby exminnesotaboy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:27 pm

Welcome! Where in Minnesota are you?
exminnesotaboy
Gold Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves