Hello from Alabama

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from Alabama

Postby awntehloose » Sat May 13, 2017 9:37 am

Hello everyone, I have been lurking for a while checking out various builds and information everyone graciously provides here. Well I traded in my Kia Soul because of zero tow capability and I purchased a Kia Sorento. It is the 4 cylinder so it's tow rating is 2000lbs which puts me in micro camper / teardrop territory. I am looking to build one or buy something I can modify and decided now would be the time to join!

Despite living alone in a sticks and bricks with all the space in the world I could ever need, I actually have been watching alternative living YouTube videos from Tiny Homes, van dwelling, Prius dwelling all the way to Earthships for quite some years now. I would like to take my trade, Software Engineering, on the road in the next 5 years for atleast part time if I could convince management lol. I considered #VanLife but A Crossover with a teardrop or custom cargo trailer seem more practical until I can full time, and even then teardrops apeal to me.

So what I do today for camping and traveling may shape the next chapters of my life and I am thankful to be a part of the community. I know I will learn as I already have I just hope I can impart something in return.
awntehloose
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Hello from Alabama

Postby pchast » Sat May 13, 2017 8:19 pm

Welcome. :D
Lots of good information :thumbsup:
and fine folks here!
pchast
Platinum Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves