Newb from Maryland

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Newb from Maryland

Postby Chowster » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:20 am

Hello All-

Thanks for adding me to this group! A little about me: I'm a newb from Maryland. I work in a busy emergency room where my job is super stressful but also incredibly rewarding. My husband's name is Tom and my doggo's name is Clover. Most of the traveling that I do is 2-3 days at a time with the two of them (more with Clover than with Tom). I'm new to the rv-ing world, and am still in the process of researching which one to purchase. I was an avid tent camper during my youth, but I'm finding that I need a *little* more creature comforts these days. Looking forward to making some connections and garnering some sage advice here.

-Sandy
Chowster
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Newb from Maryland

Postby bc toys » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:09 am

welcome to this great site
bc toys
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby pchast » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:36 pm

Welcome Sandy. :D
pchast
Platinum Donating Member

Postby jondbar628 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:52 pm

Welcome aboard Sandy.........the first thing I would recommend is that you read this: HTTP//mikenchell.com/perfect_td.html. It was posted several years ago, but will give you a start on what you may consider. Since then, a lot has happened in the TD world, but the things addressed here apply to all types of TTT's , regardless of their construction. You may consider "woodie" or "foamie" or a CTC (cargo trailer conversion), or some combination thereof. There are a multitude of things to consider. What is it you want out of your camper, in terms of "Civility" - rough-it, or RV-style luxury, or somewhere in-between? What weight will your tow vehicle handle? Are you going "off-road", or sticking to hard surface roads? Most of these questions can be answered fairly easily and should guide your search for information on this forum. It's all here. These folks LOVE helping a newbie, and they do it with honest opinions and knowledge...........Have a ball..........jd
jondbar628
Teardrop Master

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves