Newb in Phoenix AZ area

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Newb in Phoenix AZ area

Postby BretMaverick » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:31 pm

Hello! I am new to the message board but not new to reading it. I've gotten a ton of ideas off of you guys for our trailer build that we are currently working on, and I'm sure I'll get a ton more now that I have finally joined up! My wife and I started building a trailer a few weeks ago and I feel like we are about 1/3 of the way done now. We still have a long long way to go though so I'll be here often to check out posts and get ideas. Like I said, you guys have already helped a ton just by going through old posts to see what people have done, how people have fixed problems they had and what people did in certain situations. I don't doubt I'll be posting some questions here as well as we get further along and need ideas.

Thanks all for your help, both past and future!
BretMaverick
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Newb in Phoenix AZ area

Postby pchast » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:06 pm

Welcome! :D
pchast
Platinum Donating Member

Postby KangarooRat » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:50 pm

Good, another local brain to pick if I need it. I am still planning (I have some back yard renovations to finish before I start welding and cutting on the old trailer frame I am going to use as a base for mine). I hope to have it campable by summer, and then fix the things the first trip points out from that point forward.
KangarooRat
Teardrop Inspector

Postby BretMaverick » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:07 pm

Good luck KangarooRat! My wife and I spent quite a bit of time planning, but then decided to dive into it and just get it done. It is a lot of, "figure it out along the way" we are finding. We have read quite a few instructions online, and the guy who sold us the trailer had instructions as well since he was planning to build a camper and had to quit pretty early on (he got as far a building a trailer frame!) . I've found that there is a lot of questions I've had that none of the instructions online, or that I have, have answers to unfortunately. Some of those questions are just me as a laymen not knowing how to do things like, cut a hole in a piece of plywood. Some of those odd questions are definitely here on this message board though. I've gotten pretty lucky and have found exactly what I've needed a few times on here!
BretMaverick
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves