Hello from Minnesota!

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from Minnesota!

Postby Nancy&Dave » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:56 am

[album][/album]Hi, I'm Dave and, my friend, Nancy and I are about 2/3 of our way thru building our first teardrop camper. Since neither of us is a master craftsman nor have we ever done anything like this before, I am very happy to have stumbled upon this forum! We have SO many questions yet AND a deadline now since my friend has taken a position as the camp host at a local campground beginning May 1st! (The pictures in the album are not the most recent. We're actually almost ready to skin the thing.) We started last August and then got held up when the weather turned frigid here in the frozen north, until we could move to a heated garage! But , man, do I have questions! Like, the best way to seal a door; install a latch; build a hatch that FITS!; keep a 12V battery charged, etc., etc.! So, thanks, and I look forward to meeting some of you and, hopefully, share some of what we've learned, too. We're mid-60-ish.[album]images of Nancy & Dave[/album]
Davidpsh
Nancy&Dave
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Hello from Minnesota!

Postby bc toys » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:10 am

WELCOME TO THE SITE Sorry I can't answer any of those questions but I'm sure somebody will chime in here and give you some help.
Well you have fun with your build and I like your build so far.
bc toys
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Nancy&Dave » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:56 pm

Thanks for the welcome message, bc toys! It is appreciated. I just put up the most recent picture of our camper. I look forward to more learning and sharing!
David
Davidpsh
Nancy&Dave
Teardrop Inspector

Postby pchast » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:54 pm

Hey! Welcome.... :D

How do you envision your trailer use? How much load will be on the battery
in amp hours..? Solar panel or driving charging depending on your needs.

Can't help with a hatch,,, Doors. there are several methods used. An inside or
outside jamb, or both and seals on either or both jambs. I'm adding an 'eyebrow'
Over my doors. Hopefully to reduce the load on the door seals. We'll see how well
it helps.
pchast
Platinum Donating Member

Postby KennethW » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:49 am

Hi and welcome I live by Alexandria about a hour away. I build a foamy so I can not answer a lot of you questions on your build. If you want to get with a group of teardrops. Check out the tearjerker site under St. Croix Tearjerkers and St. Croix Tearjerkers facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/616177528475783/.
They have a few gathering through the year.
On solar it is all about need and space to mount your panels(or unmounted) What do you plan to run? I run 2 Cpap's, a few led lights, 19" TV, and a diesel(kerosene) parking heater. On a 2' by 5' panel. PM me if you have question that you would rather not have on the form or if you would like to meet up and talk out you build. Building I thing is part of the fun. :thumbsup:
KennethW
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves