Hi, From Indiana

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hi, From Indiana

Postby camperRN » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:50 am

Hi from Indiana!

I stumbled upon this site while looking for information on building a tiny camper. I have found a lot of useful information and inspiration.

I am just starting my tiny camper / teardrop build. I will try to post pictures of the journey in a separate build journal post. I'm sure I will ask a lot of questions as well. Just as a teaser I will say that my build started life as a 1973 coleman popup bought from my Aunt for $200.

I have no formal mechanical/building training but I am somewhat of a shade tree mechanic and have tackled some moderate home improvement projects so I feel like I am up for the challenge.

My wife and I enjoy camping, traveling, and hiking. Last year we made a trip through colorado, utah, idaho, montana / yellowstone, and back, all while sleeping/camping in the back of our honda pilot on a futon mattress. Needless to say, the tiny camper will be a huge improvement.
Camper RN
camperRN
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Hi, From Indiana

Postby jondbar628 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:26 pm

Welcome aboard RN.....Building a TD/TTT is a great journey. Keep your focus and enjoy. The folks here will support and guide you as much as you wish.......jd
jondbar628
Teardrop Master

Postby prohandyman » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:22 am

Welcome fellow Hoosier! Enjoy the many threads on building and ask lots of questions if you wish. A lot of builders here with a lot of ideas. We also have a very active group of folks here in Indiana that camp together 3 times a year. First outing this year is in May, 18-20, at Raccoon Lake State recreation area near Rockville. Come out and visit even if you don't have your camper finished. You will see lots of ideas in person.
Dan
155200 Facebook group 164774163701
prohandyman
Super Lifetime Member

Postby camperRN » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:59 am

Thanks! I'll check my calendar!
Camper RN
camperRN
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves