Budget build.

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Budget build.

Postby mantree » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:02 pm

I have been wanting a teardrop trailer for years but not being able to afford one I have decided to build one. My build will be starting with a 4x8 utility trailer with a deck mesureing 64" x 102" so that I can fit a queen sized bed in. The gally will have a bar sink, cooler and oven with 4 burrner range. I am repurpessinf as much as possible to build this so I have been pulling slot out of a totaled motor home and the trailer was free sitting in a family members yard. The rv has donated some Windows, it's oven, water pump, electric panel and a few other things.
mantree
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Budget build.

Postby pchast » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:03 pm

sounds like a good start salvaging materials. :thumbsup:
pchast
Platinum Donating Member

Re: Budget build.

Postby mantree » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:19 pm

Here are some photos of my parts I have gotten. I am swapping the glass fuses for a modern buss block. The small window will be in the door and the large one will be the front. There is a huge pile of good lumber at my folks house that has to be gone by may so what I need to get my hands on right now is plywood to skin it. The sleeping cabin will be done in bamboo flooring left over from my folks house. The last shot is the set of camp dishes that will live in the gally ($15 on clearance)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
mantree
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves