Hello Folks!!

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello Folks!!

Postby Nuance231 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:23 am

Like to introduce myself

Names Jeff, have lurked, going formal. My wife and I are new empty nesters and interested in downsizing stuff and at the same time introducing ourselves to motorized camping. Not gonna give up the packs or canoe but would enjoy touring without getting off the ground every AM.

Might take a little time gather the parts and pieces for whatever we will end up towing behind a Mid size SUV, but I like the journey. Thinking we’ll start the learning with solar as I have a shed and batteries.

Nice meeting you
Jeff
Minnesota
Nuance231
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Hello Folks!!

Postby greygoos » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:25 pm

Good luck and welcome
greygoos
Silver Donating Member

Postby Vedette » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:44 pm

Welcome!
You will find Teardrop Camping is more than just getting off the ground! :thumbsup:
It will introduce you to a whole new way of travelling and enjoying places you may have never thought to visit before. :thinking:
It will also provide you with a whole new family of friends, and security of knowing that where ever you may be the is a Teardrop Friend somewhere near by that will help you without question.
Unless you are a handyman or builder that is looking for a project, I personally would suggest that you find an buy a prebuilt or pro built teardrop (new or used) and get out there sooner than later. ;)
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
PS
5 years, 63,000 miles, and 276 nights in our teardrop for us! :thumbsup:
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby rlarson22 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:40 am

Hi Jeff ... I’m a newbie from Minnesota too ... first time on this forum. Retiring this fall and currently torn between building/buying a teardrop vs buying a tiny travel trailer. It will be interesting to follow the progress of others here as well. I previously had a 16-foot small trailer (“Eddie”) and liked the idea of being able to “walk into it.” I’m having a hard time getting from that concept to having to “sit-into” a teardrop. I mean, what do you do with your shoes or boots when they’re covered with mud? But then again, I’m trying to go super light and streamlined and pull this thing behind a Toyota RAV4 hybrid which has only 1750 pounds towing capacity. I’ve considered trading up to slightly larger SUV but I refuse to sacrifice my hybrid ... which I love. I live in northern Minnesota not far from where they manufacture the Scamp. Took a look at some of their lightest 13’ models this week but I am now convinced that they are just too big and heavy for what I want to do. So the search (and the research) continues. Best regards, Reed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rlarson22
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Tophog » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:38 pm

Welcome from Nevada.
Tophog
Teardrop Builder

Postby tearhead » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:03 pm

Welcome from southeast Wisconsin!
Pat from Wisconsin