And so it begins.....

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

And so it begins.....

Postby greenchicken » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:11 pm

Hi,

Just joined.

I am in preparing to build my tears drop. I look forward to all the advise and inspiration.

Considering the scope of this project I decided to build a tear-drop scaled to my old GI Joe. Mine will be 5'x9'.

IMG_0547.JPG
IMG_0547.JPG (104.92 KiB) Viewed 842 times

IMG_0545.JPG
IMG_0545.JPG (111.25 KiB) Viewed 842 times

IMG_0548.JPG
IMG_0548.JPG (116.59 KiB) Viewed 842 times
greenchicken
Teardrop Advisor

Re: And so it begins.....

Postby Ottsville » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:32 am

Welcome -love the model! Go Joe!
Ottsville
The 300 Club

Re: And so it begins.....

Postby Aguyfromohio » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:25 am

Nice!
Models and mock-ups are very powerful and usually overlooked.
Even people who should understand scale drawings really don't. Making models with figures to scale, and making full size layouts with making tape, cardboard, or markers really helps understand what the result will be.

In our work on a new class A motorhome for a major manufacturer, they had a couple of their best tradesmen make a full size mock-up of the final floor plan using old scrap materials like cabinets and dinettes on an old scrap frame complete with floor walls and roof. When we met to look, we immediately saw a tight corner in the aisle near the door that we changed.
The team had reviewed those floor plans for weeks, and everyone had signed off- their VP of engineering, their head of sales, a couple expensive consultants, several key people, all highly experienced, decades working in the RV industry. All of us missed that obvious problem on the plans.

Little scale models and crude full size mock-ups are worth the trouble every time.
Aguyfromohio
Gold Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves