Finally Joined

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Finally Joined

Postby Paul Revesz » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:09 am

Hello everyone. My name is Paul and I have been lurking around this place for over 3 years. I started to build my Cedar Nomad about 2 yrs ago. I worked out of town so I didn't get much time to work on it. But I have been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and am undergoing therapy. This now gives me time to work on my little nomad.
Hopefully I can get it finished and go a trip I have planned before I get too sick. I would like to drive from Windsor, Ontario to California and back. I remember watching all the western tv shows and movies with my father when I was young and was amazed at the canyons and mountains. I have camped a lot in northern Ontario but have never been to the desert and gorges of the western states. My camper will allow me to see it the way I like to .... away from the crowd. I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. I have a movie about the design stages of Cedar Nomad and will add more of the build.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfSd4cbnsoA&t=223s

I would also like to thank all the member contributions for helping me with my design.
Paul Revesz
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Finally Joined

Postby daveesl77 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:17 am

Welcome to the group!!! Doing something you enjoy will definitely help in the health area. An extended trip into the western US is something you will love doing. Tell us the things that you enjoy and I'm sure we can give you some good ideas on places to go, to stay and to see (oh and to avoid).

Things to remember
BLM - Bureau of Land Management
NFS - National Forest Service
COE - Corps of Engineers

These government entities control massive swaths of land throughout the US, but primarily in the west. You can find some absolutely amazing camping areas that will cost little or nothing and not have to be jammed in next to a bazillion others. I have a link I'll have to find that has literally every public and private camping area in the US and Canada and can be plugged into most GPS units. It is free. I'll post a link in a week, as going off on a trip now to see my new granddaughter.

Once again, welcome

dave
Dave and Regina - Enjoying old age, a LOT!

Build Journal - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=62386
daveesl77
Donating Member

Re: Finally Joined

Postby Paul Revesz » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:35 am

Thanks. I have been checking out all the government resources for over 2 years. I always camped on crown land in Canada (BLM in USA). I have a route planned but am never stringent on where I go. The problem is there is so much I want to see. Congratulations on your new granddaughter. My son and daughter in law are giving me one in December.
Paul Revesz
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves