Another Newbie

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Another Newbie

Postby RobMac » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:29 pm

I've been lurking and binge reading here for about the last 3 weeks or so. I'm retired, my wife and I are working on downsizing. We have our small (20') RV up for sale and are going back to tent camping. I came across Runaway Campers from a YouTube video and will be working on a Foamie using that same basic design. All we need is a hard sided tent on wheels for those times that we don't want to use our tent. The foamie will have to be small enough, and light enough, to be towed by the vehicles we are looking at: either HondaCRV, Toyota Rav4, or Subaru Forester. Looking forward to starting our build, but that is several months away yet. So for now, the reading and note taking continues.
RobMac
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Another Newbie

Postby lee senn » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:42 pm

RobMac Welcome to the forum. Any of the vehicles you listed as potential tugs would work for a tear. We towed full sized fiberglass trailers ( weight range 1100 lbs , towed with Honda crv ; weight range 1400 lbs to 2440 lbs towed with the Toyota Rav 4 it had the 3.5 engine ) both handled the trailers handily. A foam tear similar to the Runaway including camping gear would most likely come in somewhat under a thousand pounds so all seems well. Please keep us updated with photos of your build when you get underway. Lee and Norma
lee senn
Donating Member

Postby Graniterich » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:11 pm

I towed my teardrop 1200 lbs ? 1000 miles over mountains ,had some high rpm, gas mileage took a big Hit but was fine

Sent from my A1-840FHD using Tapatalk
Graniterich
Donating Member

Postby Graniterich » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:11 pm

Sorry was a Honda CR-V

Sent from my A1-840FHD using Tapatalk
Graniterich
Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves