Howdy from Texas

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Howdy from Texas

Postby DJ Davis » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:11 pm

Hi, y'all!

I just completed a home built teardrop/micro camper. I'm looking forward to sharing my ordeal...er, uh, I mean, my ADVENTURES with the forum. I've got a few minor tasks to complete, but the camper is operational as-is. I intend to post pics in the near future. :pictures:

About me/us, I originally hail from Beaumont, TX, and in my Air Force and Civilian GS career have been through/to various states and countries. I met my wife, "Jin," in Korea...SOUTH Korea, that is, just to set the record straight. 8)

I'm wrapping up the work phase of my life and will retire in Jan of 2022. In the meantime we'll be "testing our wings" camping in the immediate area of where we live (San Antonio, TX) with our newly built toy. Once I retire I might sell this one and build another teardrop. It seems the insanity of thinking you can build a camper from scratch has relapses. :?

'bye for now,

DJ and Jin Davis
SA-TX
DJ

They say "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." I've noted that if it doesn't kill you, it waits patiently for another opportunity.
DJ Davis
Teardrop Master

Re: Howdy from Texas

Postby Sparksalot » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:19 pm

Howdy neighbor! Welcome aboard.

You're fortunate to have a lot of places within a reasonable drive to try out your new baby. BTW, we love pics here!

Also BTW, a teardrop is never done. Mine is 11 years old and still being tweaked. One of my in-laws is a co-owner of Camp-Inn trailers. When I described what all i've done over the years, commented that I'm really on my third tear!
Holy cow, Rose is a teenager now! Done? Surely you jest. A teardrop is never "done".

The Compass Rose build thread: viewtopic.php?t=23213

Inspiration: http://tnttt.com/Design_Library/Trailer%20for%20Two.htm

It's got a cop motor, a 5.3 LS plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. ~ Elwood Blues
Sparksalot
Silver Donating Member

Postby Cary Winch » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:29 am

Sparksalot wrote:Also BTW, a teardrop is never done. Mine is 11 years old and still being tweaked. One of my in-laws is a co-owner of Camp-Inn trailers. When I described what all i've done over the years, commented that I'm really on my third tear!

Totally true Rex!!!!!

Cary
Cary Winch
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby Sparksalot » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:50 pm

Cary Winch wrote:
Sparksalot wrote:Also BTW, a teardrop is never done. Mine is 11 years old and still being tweaked. One of my in-laws is a co-owner of Camp-Inn trailers. When I described what all i've done over the years, commented that I'm really on my third tear!

Totally true Rex!!!!!

Cary

Howdy!
Holy cow, Rose is a teenager now! Done? Surely you jest. A teardrop is never "done".

The Compass Rose build thread: viewtopic.php?t=23213

Inspiration: http://tnttt.com/Design_Library/Trailer%20for%20Two.htm

It's got a cop motor, a 5.3 LS plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. ~ Elwood Blues
Sparksalot
Silver Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves