Hello from Atlanta

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from Atlanta

Postby tiggen » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:51 pm

Hello, name is John, and I am doing research to build a trailer. Kept getting hits to this forum from questions I was asking in Google and decided this seemed like a friendly place with good info. I hope I can lean on your experience in the coming months.

I am a school teacher by trade, high school Spanish, though during January they let me teach whatever I want for three weeks. Last year I had my class build go karts. I built a kart in my garage last fall so that I could at least have something useful to say to my students, but, as I mentioned earlier, I am a HS Spanish teacher so there was lots of learning on all sides. This year we are going (with COVID's blessing) to build a trailer for the track team for them to put all of their gear: starter blocks, hurdles, shot puts(?), discussesesez, etc. So, like last year, I have decided to build a trailer myself so that I don't sound like a complete numpty come January.

The trailer I have in mind will not strictly be a teardrop, but it will be tiny. My TV is a VW GTI. The ideal trailer would be useful for camping as well as hauling gear to the race track (endurance karting and Champcar), hauling materials, and hauling my motorcycle. I have been ruminating on some ideas for the past six to eight weeks, and I am not much further along than when I started.
tiggen
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves