Hello from SE Michigan

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from SE Michigan

Postby KrisKinsvater » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:04 pm

Hello everyone.
Just wanted to say I'm glad I found this community. I have just started designing my first teardrop. I've got a 2000lb towing capacity on my 16 Escape, and the wife doesn't want to be in a tent anymore... I grew up camping and love it, so I want to keep it up with my two kids too.
My first build might be a bit aggressive, but I think I can handle it. At least I hope I can. It'll be 6'6" wide to accommodate a king size bed (one of the wife's requirements) and 9' long on the trailer. 10'6" with the rounded front and rear galley. I think I've also worked out how to get a round door in it, which is what sold the wife on the design. (We are both Lord of the Rings fans and she's already trying to work out a name for it) I've been getting a lot of information here already just reading through all of the posts and I can't wait to show off my build as I go.
I hope everyone has a great day, and thank you for all of the information you guys have already shared on here.
KrisKinsvater
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Hello from SE Michigan

Postby GO_C_DAVE » Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:40 pm

Hey Kris. Good luck with your build. You have some great ideas , but remember to (bend) like your design. Always allow room for change. Try to keep your build in line with materials that are close and easily accessible. :thumbsup:
I can build that !!!!
GO_C_DAVE
Teardrop Advisor

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves