Hello from Washington!

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from Washington!

Postby defcon275 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:16 pm

Hello from rainy western Washington, though it's pretty warm right now. I've been lurking on this site for years following builds and wishing one day to join the ranks of people on here who've built their own teardrop. I'm ready to make the jump and decided to dive in and become an active member.

Like a lot of people on here I've got a dinky 4x8 Harbor Freight trailer that I'm using as my base to build on. I've got a woodworking background as well as some basic welding experience. I intend to expand the 4x8 footprint to a near 5x10 to build on. I've been using it as a utility trailer for a couple moves for the past couple years, and no longer will need it as such. I plan on ripping the walls off (wooden that I built) and welding the whole frame together (still bolted) and welding on some expansions. I've already upgraded the axle and will be getting larger wheels soon.

I'm still in the Sketchup phase of building, but here's what I've got so far. Red is the Harbor Freight base and the blue is what I intend on adding.

Would love any advice you can give. Seeya out there

-Nate
RLTW!
defcon275
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Hello from Washington!

Postby Graniterich » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:00 am

Welcome from the east side!

Sent from my KFKAWI using Tapatalk
Graniterich
Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves