New to a TTT . . . . .

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

New to a TTT . . . . .

Postby JWWCAMPER » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:07 am

Will be driving from Louisiana to New Mexico at the end of the week to pick up my Hiker Highway Basic.

These things, so you probably know, have a lengthy build period and I found this one at a reasonable price. I don't like the white, so I am thinking about getting a wrap for it. I would like a Dark Charcoal grey gradient, dark on the bottom and getting lighter going up. I also need to add a Rhino 96" Awning and a Maxx Fan for the cabin. Anyone install a Maxx Fan?

Jeff (N1JWW) & Naomi Waldrop
Westlake, Louisiana
JWWCAMPER
Teardrop Inspector

Re: New to a TTT . . . . .

Postby JWWCAMPER » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:44 pm

After driving 1001 miles to pick it up in Albuquerque, and driving that 1001 miles back to Westlake, Louisiana, I have my 2019 Hiker Highway edition. Tows very easily! We love it. I ordered my Rhino Sunseeker Awning and a MaxxFan from eTrailer.com and will be installing those on Friday!

:thumbsup:
JWWCAMPER
Teardrop Inspector

Postby rjgimp » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:25 am

Looks good. Welcome to the nuthouse! You'll find friends and a wealth of information here. There are many installations of a Maxx fan here. Spend some time looking through the board index. You'll find plenty.

We enjoy seeing lots and lots of :pictures: :pictures: :pictures: around here. Please let us see what improvements you end up making.
-Rob

I hope to make it to a Procrastinators Anonymous meeting someday...
just as soon as the steering committee gets around to scheduling one!
rjgimp
500 Club

Postby gudmund » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:11 pm

being I see in the photo you posted of your purchase, that there is already a vent installed, I remember reading either on Hiker's website -that or- heard them say in one of their video's that when they install a vent in one of the trailers they sell, that they also run the wires for the 'future' install of a powered vent. You may want to contact them either at their Denver or Indiana place of business for some info. Just this last month, I have purchased 2 items from them via UPS and they have been very good to deal with. Their info is on their internet web-site. Take care and good luck with the new trailer. :thumbsup:

PS It was on You Tube I saw/heard the info about Hikers vents. It was titled "Best budget off road teardrop trailer I've ever seen : Hiker Trailers" dated 27May19 and was recorded/filmed at the 'Overland Expo - Flagstaff, Arizona' The info about the overhead wiring was said about 4+ min into the video and what was stated was that there is an option for per-wiring the trailer for a electric fan when being built for the future install of one. Contacting Hiker Trailers with your serial # of your trailer could be a way to find out this info for how yours was ordered when new. :thinking:
gudmund
500 Club

Postby MickinOz » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:08 pm

Being a cost conscious build, my trailer doesn't have a roof vent.
However, I too framed and wired it so that adding a powered vent is only a matter of removing the dome light and cutting out the inner and outer skins.
MickinOz
1000 Club
1000 Club

Location: Somewhere, in 379,725 square miles of South Australia

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves