New from Nor Cal

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

New from Nor Cal

Postby Melle.17 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:19 pm

Hey everyone! New here... have decided to build a teardrop as my next 'Rona project. I've been a camper and backpacker for years. Also have a Jeep I like to take out whenever possible. Decided it may be nice to sleep on a mattress sometimes when I'm out and about. I also like building but I am pretty novice in this area. I would love any advice. I have been scouring the internet for plans and have found a bunch of the free ones and some to purchase. I think i've decided on building a 5x8 (still have a 4x8 in my head for simplicity but so many have said I'll regret it) and have also been considering the Big Woody plans. Has anyone build off of these plans? I know there are cheap ones out there but I really like how thorough these seem to be (are they really as thorough as I think?) and like that there are some kits available with hardware, etc.

I would love to hear from someone who built the Big Woody. Would you recommend it? How difficult was it? How thorough the instructions? Anything helps at this point... it's all a little overwhelming!
Melle.17
Teardrop Builder

Re: New from Nor Cal

Postby tony.latham » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:29 pm

Decided it may be nice to sleep on a mattress sometimes when I'm out and about. I also like building but I am pretty novice in this area.

Hey, welcome.

You sound like the perfect contender for a teardrop.

Here are my thoughts on your novice comment.

I don’t think anyone has all the skills needed to build a teardrop until they’ve done it. Don’t be intimidated.

There are two things you need to possess to undertake this project: persistence and a willingness to learn. The needed skills are the ones you learn as you build. Teardrops are built in steps. Just take each a step at a time and you’ll get it done.

Here's a quick motivator for you:

:thumbsup:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Re: New from Nor Cal

Postby twisted lines » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:41 pm

Tony your guy buy his book.
& there are some nice plans out there for a woody as well.
Welcome, to the madness from a little to the north.
Racking up; And Rapin foam
twisted lines
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves