Howdy from Utah

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Howdy from Utah

Postby RockyMtnRR » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:33 pm

Well, I've officially outgrown stuffing all the things on and in the car with the family, and it's time to get trailer-y.

My first project is going to be a cargo-drop with option to add a rooftop tent if I'm feeling rich. Though I look upon the "big" teardrops with kid bunks and adult beds with lust in my heart, the money is prohibitive, and my building skills and time are... suboptimal.

I've been lurking around for a bit and learning, so I know my cargo drop is not a "Normal" teardrop but the builds and configurations and how-tos have gotten my plans a lot farther along than I could've done solo. You all rock.

I've got a probably-too-heavy-duty 4x8 trailer with torsion axles now but I'm debating whether to keep it and build (4x8x3ft), or sell it and go smaller to forgo the RTT. The biggest thing I need to carry is a 5 foot long canoe paddle, and if I save my pennies I might snag a mongo-drop I can stuff everybody in.
RockyMtnRR
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Howdy from Utah

Postby RJ Howell » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:46 pm

Okay.. You're a Maker! Welcome to the other side!

Ideas, designs, new challenges, oh ya! end along some design sketches ideas you have and let's dive in. Don't be shy... we love a challenge!

Welcome to the Group!
RJ Howell
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby twisted lines » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:54 am

RockyMtnRR wrote: The biggest thing I need to carry is a 5 foot long canoe paddle,

Now put it all in the driveway and measure it, include the dog :shock:
Racking up; And Rapin foam
twisted lines
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby timhill28 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:28 pm

Great upgrade choice! Welcome
timhill28
Teardrop Builder

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves