Just Joined

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Just Joined

Postby Dooley » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:24 am

Good Morning
As a new member I thought I would try to introduce myself and say thanks for letting me be part of your group .
We are just finishing our creation of a homebuilt squaredrop created from and old tent trailer and a Leer contractor cap.
I will try to send a few pictures but for now will tell you that it has been a very interesting way to get back on the road with a very lightweight , easy to tow and set up trailer.
For anyone trying to get started without spending a fortune on a factory built unit going this way was a really great money saver and fun project . I have had the idea for years and have been able to put it all into operation exactly as I had hoped with light amount of labour and little expense overall. With the floor size of 6x8 feet and inside hight of just under 5 feet it is perfect for the two of us and the barn doors on the back make it easy to camp in or to use as a regular cargo trailer when needed.
Just lift out the rug and a few camping items and you are off to pick up whatever you need and in reverse just put the rug back in along with camping essentials and you are off for the weekend ! Five minutes to be either way.
It draws a lot of attention when in a campgound or just out shopping and is perfect for day dtrips with its porta pottie during Covid times.
We use a double air bed for a great nights sleep and with the all around windows always hve ots of fresh air and great views.
We even found the base for the build already started exactly the way I was intending to make it so not only saved a lot of money but time as well as the cap and trailer had been united already for use as a cargo trailer so only had to paint, install new floor and carpet, add drapes and shelves etc plus the all important porta pottie and off we went.
So nice as a senior couple to be able to take nice day trips with our bikes inside and not have to worry about closed washrooms along the way !!
Also everything is secured by lock and key and out of the weather. We have a set of chairs and a folding table in there so can sit inside out of the weather and have lunch or just relax .Should have built this years ago ! Even tows perfect with any four cylinder vehicle so no need for truck or a heavy vehicle purchase.
Hope I can answer any questions folks may have or give advice how to do this if it helps get someone else out and enjoying the road ,and yes you can put one of these trailers together yourself with very little help or long hard days of work.
Again looking forward to conversations with other like minded folks

Jim Worden
Oshawa Ont Canada
Dooley
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Just Joined

Postby QueticoBill » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:33 am

Welcome! Look forward to pictures.
QB
A tear with no name: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67624
QueticoBill
Silver Donating Member

Postby Dooley » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:02 am

How do I send pictures for posting ? I cant seem to find the instructons
Jim
Dooley
Teardrop Inspector

Postby QueticoBill » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:55 am

I've done it but always stumble my way do leave this to others.

What part of the world do you hail from?
QB
A tear with no name: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67624
QueticoBill
Silver Donating Member

Postby TimC » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:44 pm

Welcome, and yes, photos are great. I will point you in the right direction, but, I'm assuming if you got this far on tnttt you'll figure it out with a little direction.

Assuming you are on a PC, not a phone...
Open a second tab for tnttt and use that for these first steps.
Look for "gallery" up in the upper right greyish blue area. Click
Scroll down to "Users Personal Albums" and click on your login name.
Click on "New Image" just under your login name.
Click on "Chose File" and a pop-up window will come up and you can search for your photo. Select and "Open"
A new line opens with "Chose File". Add another photo one at a time.

When you are done selecting photos hit "Continue"
A little thumb nail will show and you can edit the title of the image. I usually just leave this alone as it doesn't seem to matter what the name is.
You can also rotate photos. For some reason when I load from my phone the photo is always sideway. I just flip it 90 Degrees until it look right.

Submit. Now your "User Gallery" is populated with one or more photos. Double click that photo and a new page opens. Go to the file name below the photo and click to highlight the file and hit "Copy" (right click on mouse)

To put images from your gallery in your post...
Now, on your first tab with your post editing page... click where you want the image in relation to your text. Right click and paste. Now double click on that file name to highlight the file name. Go up above your text to the "Img" button and click on that. Your pic file is now surrounded by an image command. If you get a space after the file and the last image command delete the space. Sometimes I get the space and sometimes not. Not sure why, but the photo won't show up as a photo if there is a space.

Now hit "Preview" below your text box to see if it worked.

I know, a lot of steps there but I usually open two tabs and keep one on my gallery and one for posting. Makes it simple to move back and forth. Good luck. Can't wait to see if I helped.
Tim
Niagara, WI
My First Benroy Teardrop Build Thread - A 5x8 Woodie - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=63575
My Second Teardrop (partial) Build Thread - Started August '16 - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=66939
#3 My son's Benroy Foamie team build - Started July '20 - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=72877

TimC
Gold Donating Member

Postby Dooley » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:33 am

Thanks for all the replies with help with photos > In time I may even be able to make this work :D
As for where I am located , I am in Oshawa Ontario Canada and being a bit of a Geezer sometimes it takes a while to make thing go smoothly with computers !
Better at creating a trailer than sending pictures of it !!

Dooley
Dooley
Teardrop Inspector

Postby timhill28 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:52 pm

Welcome, Dooley! Looking forward to the photos
timhill28
Teardrop Builder

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves