7x16 continental V nose

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: 7x16 continental V nose

Postby mrwall1 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:49 pm

flboy wrote:Looking good. You are sealing that up well! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks Don! we get a lot of rain... up here in Washington! not worth the chance... not super cold, but lots of wind also....
my Old Teardrop build journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=59792
My New 7x16 Continental V Nose Build
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=67734
My Photobucket Link to 7x16 V nose build
http://s20.photobucket.com/user/mrwall/ ... %20Trailer
Mike
mrwall1
Teardrop Master

Postby mrwall1 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:53 am

We have been having downpours the last couple of weeks!! Even for Washington it is over the top!! The only good thing is I go out every day and check the trailer for leaks... So far so good!!!
Mike
mrwall1
Teardrop Master

Postby McDave » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:51 am

If it ever dries out, you might want to consider a coat of Henry 587. It is a good sealant but it works great to reflect the sun's rays and lowers the temp considerably. Dollar for dollar, probably the best upgrade I've made so far.

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby mrwall1 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:44 pm

McDave wrote:If it ever dries out, you might want to consider a coat of Henry 587. It is a good sealant but it works great to reflect the sun's rays and lowers the temp considerably. Dollar for dollar, probably the best upgrade I've made so far.

McDave

Thanks McDave, I was wondering what would be a good coating on there... hopefully by June!!! haha...
Mike
mrwall1
Teardrop Master

Postby mrwall1 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:17 pm

Finished up the back half of the drivers side the other day!

had a leaky spray can of primer!!

Removed the ceiling that I had the dealer install.. didn't come off very pretty... lot of staples!

So today I also removed the bottom plywood off the passenger side of the trailer... and primed all the metal... so hopefully tomorrow I can get that insulated... and Reinsulate the ceiling and get all the wiring down to where the Power center cabinet will be (next to the door) Also after watching one of the videos of a build on here, I decided to put up some 1 X 8 boards on the ceiling so eventually when I get some solar panels there will be extra strength on the roof to support them.
Last edited by mrwall1 on Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike
mrwall1
Teardrop Master

Postby mrwall1 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:24 am

I managed to find a little more time this weekend to plug along... I got the bottom of the passenger side insulated and sealed.... then pulled off the top passenger side plywood and got the back half primed and insulated, now I just need to trim the spray foam, seal with foil tape and reinstall plywood... finished the Passenger side ceiling solar panel - board braces (I should of waited til I had the reflextix on the ceiling... but I did get the reflectix up and some insulation over it along the wall... I think one more good day and I can finish the insulation on the pass. side wall and ceiling....

I am not sure if this is the way to go... but I ordered a side vent for the side of the trailer to vent the batteries...

Also ordered a step... it is a long step down going in and out 20 times!!! Also ordered a 30 Amp power inlet and a couple of Red Outlets that will be wired to the inverter...
Last edited by mrwall1 on Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mike
mrwall1
Teardrop Master

Postby kathy chorjel » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:11 am

Hi, nice build! Did you have any problems regarding the expansion of the foam insulation? I was thinking of using some for this gap where the e track is, but someone commented that it may push out the aluminum skin...

kathy chorjel
Teardrop Advisor

Postby mrwall1 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:18 pm

kathy chorjel wrote:Hi, nice build! Did you have any problems regarding the expansion of the foam insulation? I was thinking of using some for this gap where the e track is, but someone commented that it may push out the aluminum skin...

I used the low expanding type for doors and windows... about $1.50 more a can... and down in the wells I used the foam to keep pests away.. about another $1.00 a can and it hardly expands at all... but that being said, I looked down the side and it looks like it might of pushed it out a little... but not real noticeable, but up where I used it to fill in the gaps alongside the regular foam insulation I didn't have any problems....
Mike
mrwall1
Teardrop Master

Postby mrwall1 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:36 pm

Well it didn't look like I got much done but had a pretty good weekend, finished sealing the seams on the upper back passenger side, got the reflextix glued on to the ceiling, finished the board supports for the eventual solar panels and got the ceiling insulated and a few more wires run... Now I can cut the hole for the battery vent and a hole for the 30 amp plug in. and I can finish the passenger side insulation! And Yay the insulating is done!! well except the ramp door, but not a big hurry to finish that... Next finish a couple more wire runs then the rest of the plywood can go up!!!

Last edited by mrwall1 on Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike
mrwall1
Teardrop Master

Postby kathy chorjel » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:13 pm

mrwall1 wrote:
kathy chorjel wrote:Hi, nice build! Did you have any problems regarding the expansion of the foam insulation? I was thinking of using some for this gap where the e track is, but someone commented that it may push out the aluminum skin...

I used the low expanding type for doors and windows... about $1.50 more a can... and down in the wells I used the foam to keep pests away.. about another $1.00 a can and it hardly expands at all... but that being said, I looked down the side and it looks like it might of pushed it out a little... but not real noticeable, but up where I used it to fill in the gaps alongside the regular foam insulation I didn't have any problems....

Thanks Mr W!
kathy chorjel
Teardrop Advisor

Postby flboy » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:20 pm

There is alot of work that goes into the insulation and wiring... its all down hill from there. :-) It is really encouraging once you can start building interior walls, cabinets and etc and it starts to take shape. You are almost there! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Don (Flboy)

YouTube Video of Finished 6x12 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/6_-8cVdWUIA
YouTube Video of 7*18 with 2ft V-nose Trailer:
https://youtu.be/MUcMM86LA2g
flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby mrwall1 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:46 pm

Well #%^&! photobucket decided to delete some of my pictures!! so I just reloaded them into the album... now I need to go back and edit those postings....

We had a pretty windy couple of days, and my trailer was parked under some trees with branches that looked like they could fall on the roof... so I decided to move the trailer.. also made it hard to work on it...

but I did get some work done today.... I finished running the electrical wiring and reinstalled the plywood...

Now just a few things to wrap up...
1. Need to cut the hole in the side for the battery vent
2. Cut the hole for the 30 amp power inlet and outside outlet.
3. Finish insulating that little area and reinstall the piece of plywood
4. Exchange the regular ceiling vent with the Max Air Fan I bought
5. finish the insulation on the ceiling next to it..
6. Insulate with 1/2" foam over the solar panel mounting boards.
7. Reinstall the Luan over the ceiling.
8. Pick out a ceiling finish.. since most of the Luan got damaged when I removed it...
9. Cut holes in the floor for the different vents and holes... Battery box incoming vent, A/C exhaust vent, Freshwater tank drain hole, Kitchen Sink drain hole, Black water drain, Hot water pipe inlet. and one hole in the ceiling for the black tank vent...
10. Then I can paint the floor with some garage floor epoxy.
11. Then the build can start!!
Mike
mrwall1
Teardrop Master

Postby McDave » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:38 am

You got her on the run now!

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby mrwall1 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:44 pm

Wow! we had a beautiful day in the Northwest today!! It poured buckets all night long, but by 9 am it was warm and dry enough to get outside!!! Finally got to change out the roof vent/Fan!! When I ordered the trailer they said it came with side vents...So I asked them to put a roof vent in instead... they offered to put a fantastic vent Fan in... but wanted way too much money!! We had a Fantastic vent fan in our teardrop and loved it... except only 3 speeds... So instead I Bought a Max Air Vent/fan 10 speeds off of ebay... I have been waiting 2 months to get a day I could swap the standard vent for the Max Air... and Today was the day.... they sealed the old one pretty good... but stripped out six of the screws... so I had to use vice grips to get them out... I scraped the old sealer off... and I had some old graffiti remover ( it took the residue off in seconds!!) Put some butyl tape on... and some dicor sealant... very quick and easy upgrade!!!

Mike
mrwall1
Teardrop Master

Postby flboy » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:02 am

Nice work on that Fan. You are going to like that. I did the same in my CTC... it pulls a good breeze through there. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Don (Flboy)

YouTube Video of Finished 6x12 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/6_-8cVdWUIA
YouTube Video of 7*18 with 2ft V-nose Trailer:
https://youtu.be/MUcMM86LA2g
flboy
Gold Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions