hello to all, Just ordered my trailer to camperize.

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Thanks for the pic. SteveB

Postby 41willys » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:23 pm

the dinette pic is a big help for me to visualize what I would like to see in my trailer.
Thanks
41willys
Teardrop Builder

Postby digimark » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:17 pm

I'm following you, my 6'x10' just came in also. I have about the same room as you do for the front cabinetry. Can you tell me anything about the design you're using for your cabinets -- like how you've secured them to the walls/floor, and are you using biscuits or some other kind of joinery for the face frame?
--
-- Gary Goldberg/Chesapeake Beach, MD/KA3ZYW
-- http://www.digimark.net/og/
digimark
Teardrop Master

Postby 41willys » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:13 am

I used a 2" x 4"x 1/16" plate on the back of each joint and attached by screws and also glued all the joints together. I am going to skin over the face with paneling after so I will be gluing that on the front which will add strength. But now that you mention biscuit jointer I will keep that in mind for the drawer support :thinking:
Ok Im curious what is the ducting and white box in the front of you trailer?
Battery box maybe?
Man, I thought I was finished the wiring, then a contractor showed up on site today with flood lights, one on each fender looking backwards connected to his backup lights on his truck Hm.. gota have.

By the way, nice trailer. carpet looks nice but I will be putting my atv in so I will be installing vinyl tiles so I can sweep and wash the floor.
41willys
Teardrop Builder

Postby digimark » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:44 pm

Thanks for the kind words on the trailer and the advice on the frame joinery.

As you guessed, the white box is for the battery. The dark grey box on the left side is the AC circuit panel, and the shoreline coiled up next to it. I want to put cabinets in front of all of that, have a countertop for plug-in stuff, and a small set of overhead cabinets at the front. It's going to be a lot of work, but if I go slow and ask lots of questions, I shouldn't mess it up too badly!
--
-- Gary Goldberg/Chesapeake Beach, MD/KA3ZYW
-- http://www.digimark.net/og/
digimark
Teardrop Master

Postby Nitroxjunkie71 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:16 pm

41willys wrote:Man, I thought I was finished the wiring, then a contractor showed up on site today with flood lights, one on each fender looking backwards connected to his backup lights on his truck Hm.. gota have.

That is what I just did. Sometimes its hard to back these things up into a campsite at night.

Jeff
Image Image Image
The Deepest spot in Lake Superior, the largest of the Great Lakes is 1,333 feet or about 222 fathoms. This profound depth could easily contain the entire 1,250' Empire State Building, even with a 50-foot-tall King Kong perched atop.
Nitroxjunkie71
cargotrlrman

Location: Originally from Battle Creek Michigan, I now reside in Greenfield Indiana

Postby 41willys » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:16 pm

Yep will be installing these lights but Im running out of connections in the 7 point plug . I was going to use the extra line in the connection for a separate feed to the batteries. which would be different to the trailer brake battery

Maybe I will need to add a 4point plug as well.
or connect the tiny little brake battery to the trailer batteries.
41willys
Teardrop Builder

Previous

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions