H&H 14x7 V nose conversion in MN

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: H&H 14x7 V nose conversion in MN

Postby nunrleft » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:20 pm

2Tornados wrote:Love that flooring! Did I miss what you used? Coming along nicely.

I posted a picture of it before but didn't say what it was. Here's a link: http://www.homedepot.com/p/TrafficMASTE ... /202075777

So after lunch we got to work setting cabinets. The left cabinet is from Ikea. It's a kitchen base cabintet 15 inches deep by 36 inches long. Construction adhesive was used on all the joints when putting together so the Ikea locking systems don't rattle apart. The right cabinet is also from Ikea, but is actually a shoe storage cabinet. It actually had 5 inch tall wood legs that I cut off to match the height of the other cabinet.

This area will have a dead front panel and will hold my 12v deep cycle battery. The dead front panel will have a 110v electrical outlet, 12v power outlet, and switches for lights and water pump:

Area behind the drop front cabinet will hold the fresh and grey water tanks. The sink will actually be in the countertop at this location:

Framework holding the cabinet in place:

Cabinet with doors in place:

So you can tell what type of cabinet this is. The bins are approximately 20 inches wide, by 15 inches tall by 7 inches deep. Large enough to hold a 25 foot, 30 amp power cord.

All the doors on and the cabinets mounted:

The wife wanted to see what it looked like with the rug in place. The rug will be rolled up when hauling bikes and rolled out when the bikes are removed:

nunrleft
Teardrop Master

Postby nunrleft » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:09 pm

Got to work on the plumbing today. Yes, that blue stuff is a cut up pool noodle to protect the water hoses from damage by the plumber's strap. :D

Strapped down the water tanks:

On the left you'll see the drop down table we installed today. On the right is the helmet shelve and coat rack. Both from Ikea. Both needed to be modified a little to mount.
nunrleft
Teardrop Master

Postby hankaye » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:16 pm

nunrleft, Howdy;

I was admiring your flooring and followed the link you provided. Found a link there to the Owner's manual
http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pdfIma ... ec6204.pdf
Apparently it's suitable for indoor "Temperate Climate" See the top of page 5, "Installation Limitations".
I figure it's most likely to satisfy the Lawyers, but sometimes, sometimes they do know their product
better than we do. Only some food for thought...

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby nunrleft » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:40 pm

hankaye wrote:nunrleft, Howdy;

I was admiring your flooring and followed the link you provided. Found a link there to the Owner's manual
Apparently it's suitable for indoor "Temperate Climate" See the top of page 5, "Installation Limitations".
I figure it's most likely to satisfy the Lawyers, but sometimes, sometimes they do know their product

hank

On page five it also says, "You cannot install Allure in solariums/sunrooms, over carpets, or any exterior application including seasonal porches, camping trailers and boats." I think I've proved them wrong. 8) I've also voided the Ikea warranty on the cabinets and probably the trailer's warranty due to the alterations I've made. I feel like a rebel. :twisted:
nunrleft
Teardrop Master

Postby lrrowe » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:23 am

I think I am going to use these Allure products. After you install them over the adhesive strips, it is just like sheet stock floor is it not? And their ads show them used in bathrooms. Therefore I see no problem. And after all, if they fail in the CT, you just take them out. No permanent damage done.

And to me, they make a good choice because I have a false floor with insulation, wiring and other tubing in it. Should I ever need to do some major repair or modification, I can always take the top piece of plywood up. Thus removable flooring for that major overhaul makes sense for me.
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Postby desertrat222 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:14 pm

Just FYI i have 2-6V 250amp hour bats running a 1500 watt inverter that powers my 3.3 cu ft fridge for 3 days if your away from shore power and want to use it. it works great for our weekend trips.
desertrat222
Teardrop Master

Postby nunrleft » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:02 pm

desertrat222 wrote:Just FYI i have 2-6V 250amp hour bats running a 1500 watt inverter that powers my 3.3 cu ft fridge for 3 days if your away from shore power and want to use it. it works great for our weekend trips.

I might do an additional battery and inverter at some point. But, I don't really see me taking this "off the grid" so to speak.
nunrleft
Teardrop Master

Postby nunrleft » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:28 am

lrrowe wrote:I think I am going to use these Allure products. After you install them over the adhesive strips, it is just like sheet stock floor is it not?

Sort of. It's kind of a cross between a laminate flooring and sheet vinyl. It's thicker than sheet vinyl but thinner than laminate. It doesn't get adhered to the sub floor at all, like sheet vinyl would. It's a floating floor like laminate. They claim it to be water resistant, like a laminate. Not water proof like sheet vinyl. Each box contains 8 pieces, I needed 10 pieces to cover basically a 5x7 foot area. Unfortunately I had to buy two complete boxes, so I've got 6 pieces left. $86 to cover that small area. Not exactly cheap, but it looks nice and is what the wife wanted. :R

By the way, it also comes in several different patterns and sizes: http://www.homedepot.com/b/Flooring-Vin ... max&NCNI-5
nunrleft
Teardrop Master

Postby hankaye » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:50 am

nunrleft, Howdy;

nunrleft wrote:
hankaye wrote:nunrleft, Howdy;

hank

On page five it also says, "You cannot install Allure in solariums/sunrooms, over carpets, or any exterior application including seasonal porches, camping trailers and boats." I think I've proved them wrong. 8) I've also voided the Ikea warranty on the cabinets and probably the trailer's warranty due to the alterations I've made. I feel like a rebel. :twisted:

Didn't intend to come across as disparaging with my remark about the "Limitations", just thought
that as you live in an area where the temps. do get below the temperate range you might be
thinking about how it may survive the Winter, that's all.

Would have responded sooner but Century Link was broken here the past few days .

hank
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby nunrleft » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:12 pm

hankaye wrote:
Didn't intend to come across as disparaging with my remark about the "Limitations", just thought
that as you live in an area where the temps. do get below the temperate range you might be

hank

I didn't take it as disparaging. It good information to know. If it doesn't hold up, I'll change it. Not that big of deal.
nunrleft
Teardrop Master

Postby hankaye » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:32 am

nunrleft, Howdy;

nunrleft wrote:
hankaye wrote:

hank

I didn't take it as disparaging. It good information to know. If it doesn't hold up, I'll change it. Not that big of deal.

Ok!

How about keeping us in the loop about how the flooring works out for you. May do the same but
full floor, so curious as to how it works for you.

hank
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby nunrleft » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:01 pm

No problem. I'll keep you posted.
nunrleft
Teardrop Master

Postby nunrleft » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:49 pm

I haven't had time to work on the trailer this past week due to work. This morning I had to change a leaking toilet in my house, but I did get my plumbing completed except for the sink and sink drain.

Even added holding tank drains. The grey water drain is under the trailer, but the fresh water drain is located in the front. Figured I could use this as an exterior "pot" filler also.

nunrleft
Teardrop Master

Postby lrrowe » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:34 pm

nunrleft wrote:
Even added holding tank drains. The grey water drain is under the trailer, but the fresh water drain is located in the front. Figured I could use this as an exterior "pot" filler also.

BRILLIANT!
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Postby nunrleft » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:20 pm

Feel like I got a lot accomplished today.

Television mounted:

Upper front shelf done:

Cardboard template for the counter top:

Counter top and sink in:

It's coming together:
nunrleft
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions