A little progress has been made

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

A little progress has been made

Postby jkreas » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:49 pm

So I've made some progress with my conversion so far, however the hitch in my giddyup is this island in remote Alaska that I live on. But when I get to the mainland it will be much easier. So far the wife and I have only been able to paint, and install interlocking foam excersize mats, our cabelas camp kitchen, and Big buddy heater. I know it doesn't sound like much but cabinets and or lumber are rediculously priced here. So I am posting pics of the progress.

Image[/img]
jkreas
Teardrop Inspector

Postby hunter535 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:09 pm

:thumbsup: Looking good there jkreas.

What are the dimensions of your cargo?
How do you like your big buddy heater? I have been wondering what we will use for our heat source.
hunter535
Teardrop Master

Postby satch » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:38 pm

Any progress is better than no progress :thumbsup:
Lookin' sweet!
If it itches. scratch it
Rick
satch
Donating Member

Postby jkreas » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:25 pm

hunter535 wrote::thumbsup: Looking good there jkreas.

What are the dimensions of your cargo?
How do you like your big buddy heater? I have been wondering what we will use for our heat source.

the dimensions of my cargo are 8.5' wide 18' long and 6.5' interior height.
As far as the Big Buddy goes I'm pretty impressed so far the coldest I've used it so far was about 30 degrees with 50 mph winds and it was smokn hot inside while I was working. Which I think the only downside is that there is no thermostat.
jkreas
Teardrop Inspector

Postby 41willys » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:42 am

trailer looks good, I ilke the floor mats the only ones I could find were all multi coloured. have you figured out how long the heater lasts on a 20lb tank as Im thinking of using the same heater in the winter for hunting in my 6 x 10. It wont be Alaska cold for sure but it will be around -5 C.
Darren B
41willys
Teardrop Builder

Postby jkreas » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:46 am

41willys wrote:trailer looks good, I ilke the floor mats the only ones I could find were all multi coloured. have you figured out how long the heater lasts on a 20lb tank as Im thinking of using the same heater in the winter for hunting in my 6 x 10. It wont be Alaska cold for sure but it will be around -5 C.
Darren B

I haven't ran it long enough with the 20# bottle but the one pound bottles last about 6-8 hours on high but on low its much longer.
jkreas
Teardrop Inspector

Postby ERV » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:29 am

Boy thats really roomy in there. With a rig that big what does it weigh ? And what are you pulling with? The other thing is make sure you vent it good when your using that heater. Erv
ERV & JAN
Medina, Ohio
ERV
Silver Donating Member

Postby High Desert » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:43 am

that camp kitchen fits nice in there. You have the basics in, time to go camping :D

I had one of the Big Buddy heaters but ended up taking it back, it had operating problems at high altitudes where we do the most camping. The smaller version works great at the same locations though.
Shaun

"it's not the years honey, it's the mileage"
High Desert
Platinum Donating Member

Postby jkreas » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:05 am

ERV wrote:Boy thats really roomy in there. With a rig that big what does it weigh ? And what are you pulling with? The other thing is make sure you vent it good when your using that heater. Erv

I'm pulling it with a 2007 nissan titan. I just weighed truck and trailer yesterday combined weight is 9,180lbs.

jkreas
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions