6X12 Haulmark "Fly Fishing Camper"

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: 6X12 Haulmark "Fly Fishing Camper".--UPDATED!

Postby hankaye » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:52 pm

Gonefishin, Howdy;

Good to see your "Update" post. Like an old saying, "If it ain't broke it don't need fixed".

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Lookin' forward to next years "Update".

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Re: 6X12 Haulmark "Fly Fishing Camper"

Postby Gonefishin » Wed May 20, 2020 12:46 pm

Took a page from Tommy B and added a mounting board onto my tongue for the battery and two propane tanks. Frees up room in the truck bed for the inflatable pontoon boat! Trailer is a V-nose (with an Antelope modification on the port side ;) ), so tongue space is limited, but I can still turn tight with my extended hitch. U-bolted the wood to the frame, and 5 screws with large washers hold each of the the battery box and propane bottle stands to the wood. Battery box will have a heavy strap around the box and wood as well. I already tried a couple miles of medium-speed washboard road, and nothing moved. I moved my spare tire from the front of the nose to behind the curbside fender. Will have to keep an eye on that one, held on by two sheet metal screws into the skin and frame from the outside. I used a couple of "Tank Totes" for the propane bottles https://www.amazon.com/Tank-Tote-Swain-Products-2-Pack/dp/B07FBTMH59/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Tank-Tote+Swain+Products&qid=1589999483&sr=8-1
Gonefishin
Donating Member

Postby hankaye » Wed May 20, 2020 10:04 pm

Gonefishin, Howdy;

I've got one of those spare tire carriers that mounts through the wall/skin
that I'd send ya for free.
Fits the 6 bolt wheels with the 5 1/2" pattern.
http://parts.trailersplus.com/tire-moun ... t-pattern/

Or, you could have just slid it under the bed on the curb side keeps you
away from the traffic if you need to access it and your not trusting in a
few sheet metal screws and some 0.030" sheet metal to support it for any
length of time.

hank
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Gonefishin » Wed May 20, 2020 10:09 pm

Thanks for the offer Hank, but that's the exact one I have too! I mounted mine to a frame stud rather than bolting through the wall. I only used two of the four pre-drilled holes, so I have a little wiggle room so to speak.
Gonefishin
Donating Member

Postby hankaye » Wed May 20, 2020 10:12 pm

Gone Fishin', Howdy;

Ok, had me worried there. I'd throw 2 more bolts in there
for extra peace of mind, some of those roads are rougher
for the trailer then they are for the truck. Plus now you'll
need a cover for it.

hank
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby foxontherun » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:58 pm

Good afternoon,
Hope all is well with you. Are your interlocking floor tiles slippery on the surface you walk on? I purchased some that look similar at Sam's Club, stepped on them and about broke my neck sliding across them. Was curious if yours is like that.

Thanks,
Harry
foxontherun
Teardrop Master

Postby Gonefishin » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:04 pm

They do have a slicker finish, but I've used them alone and not slipped, and I have feet/balance issues. Might be "slippery when wet." I usually have a short rug on the floor over the foam tiles though. It protects the finish over the foam, makes cleaning easy because I can just take out the rug, and adds one more layer of sure-footing and insulation. Barefoot and sockfoot is more comfortable on the rug than the foam tiles.
Gonefishin
Donating Member

Postby hankaye » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:10 am

Gonefishin, Howdy;

Good to see ya checkin' in. Got any good fishin' stories to share? :lol:

hank
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby foxontherun » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:24 am

Good afternoon,
Thanks for the info on your flooring; I appreciate it. :)
Harry
foxontherun
Teardrop Master

Postby Gonefishin » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:48 pm

Not much for stories Hank. Just returned from 6 weeks in Montana. Self quarantined in the trailer by night, and a river by day. Little human contact and hidden from the complete insanity of our country gone mad. Will do it again about mid September. Trailer is still rolling, not leaking, and quiet with no generator or air conditioning. It gets hot for a couple weeks, but it cools off every night. The fish stories are on my bottom link.
Gonefishin
Donating Member

Postby Aussie leslie » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:52 am

Geees I shaw like that bed cover it looks great.
PS and man those fish top stuff .
Aussie leslie
Teardrop Builder

Postby Gulfcoast » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:25 am

So glad I found this thread.... I love to fish and am now buying a 6x12 cargo trailer to fix it up for fishing.

6x12 cargo trailer - Mini Split A/C - Starlink - TMobile home internet
Gulfcoast
Teardrop Master

Postby Gonefishin » Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:15 pm

Haven't updated lately, but my home away from home is still rolling along, as good as ever. I did finally address the air conditioning I wanted for a few weeks each summer. Against most advice, I decided this year to try the easy way out, just to see. I went with a portable, single-hose, Whynter compact 10,000 btu, powered by a Honda 2200 generator. In short, it works perfectly. I vented through an existing window, and it only takes a few minutes to hook up to both power and vent. Unit is strapped against a wall for transport, moveable when in use, and comes completely out of the trailer in 30 seconds for the 10 months I don't need it! Napping has been easy and comfortable parked in mid-afternoon, 95 degree Montana sun since early July. The air temperature inside is usually in the high 70's to low 80's, with cold air circulating throughout the 6X12 space. If I point it over my bed, I almost need a blanket! Very refreshing. I'm sure a mini-split or dual hose unit would cool further and more efficiently, but the little single hose makes the trailer completely tolerable for the two months of Rky. Mtn. summer. Its been nice in my home bedroom since I got home too!
Gonefishin
Donating Member

Postby hankaye » Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:33 am

Gonefishin, Howdy;

Good to see ya haven't forgotten about us ... completely, chucklin'

I take it that the fishin has been as good as it ever was? Good for ya!

hank
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Gonefishin » Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:15 pm

hankaye wrote:Gonefishin, Howdy;

Good to see ya haven't forgotten about us ... completely, chucklin'

I take it that the fishin has been as good as it ever was? Good for ya!

hank

No, Hank, it ain't and probably never will be as good as it ever was. Covid was the nail in the coffin. Everyplace is a zoo, and there really isn't an off season anymore. Where I once camped alone is now usually full and/or unavailable, both designated and off-grid. The more easily accessible rivers and creeks are overfished. The fish are still there, but they're wiser, their lips are all torn up, and its harder to find a stretch to yourself. The newbies are leaving garbage, making noise, and trampling though the water I'm casting in or waiting to cast in. I'm still goin', and still fishin', but its not even close to what it was only a few years ago. It's not going in a good direction either. Glad this old curmudgeon got to see a few decades of the glory days, or at least what I now perceive as the glory days.
Gonefishin
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions