6X12 Haulmark "Fly Fishing Camper"

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: 6X12 Haulmark "Fly Fishing Camper".

Postby Rainier70 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:24 am

Good news. Glad that they're comfy, attractive, and warm for you! It's amazing to me how much of a change a little floor insulation makes.
Rainier70
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby lrrowe » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:56 am

Gonefishin,
Thanks for your update. Your test and repot work for me. I plan on adding insulation as a new floor to the top of my "as received" floor and very possibility the same type tiles you and MtnDon are using. And since I probably will not hit the low temps as often as you and others do who camp out in the higher elevations in the western and southwestern state do, this combination should work for me.

Bob
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Postby OverTheTopCargoTrailer » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:21 am

Gonefishin wrote:Well, a little update for the foam floor tiles. I've just spent the past 6 nights where overnight temperatures have been in the high 30's and low 40's, While I have no scientific test for youknowwho,

LOLROTF - now we all know your talking smack about OTTCT , come on get some real data.
I'm still waiting for you and Cindy to report exactly how many oz of propane you burned at -20F this winter.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
OverTheTopCargoTrailer
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Gonefishin » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:16 am

If I think it feels warmer, and it could be warmer, then it is warmer. Trust me, I'm a guide. When the flame goes out, it is time to change the propane bottle. :lol:

If the area of coverage increases tangent to the inefficiency zone, thereby increasing the heat index, provided the time space continuim is uninturrupted, the flux capacator in the thermal unit will override the empty liquified fuel booster as long as the power base harnesses enough solar energy and there are no solar eruptions, in El Nino years. :? :thinking:
Gonefishin
Donating Member

Postby walkrdg » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:23 pm

Uhhhh.... whut??
walkrdg
Teardrop Builder

Postby Rainier70 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:34 pm

:lol:
Rainier70
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby PaulS » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:38 pm

Gonefishin wrote:If I think it feels warmer, and it could be warmer, then it is warmer. Trust me, I'm a guide. When the flame goes out, it is time to change the propane bottle. :lol:

If the area of coverage increases tangent to the inefficiency zone, thereby increasing the heat index, provided the time space continuim is uninturrupted, the flux capacator in the thermal unit will override the empty liquified fuel booster as long as the power base harnesses enough solar energy and there are no solar eruptions, in El Nino years. :? :thinking:

Those darn flux capacitors :thinking:
PaulS
PaulS
Teardrop Master

Postby OverTheTopCargoTrailer » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:48 pm

Gonefishin

Your suffering from the placebo heat effect
:FNP :FNP :FNP :FNP :FNP

LOLROTF
OverTheTopCargoTrailer
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: New Insulated Foam Flooring!

Postby khigh » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:50 pm

Gonefishin wrote:120231
Bed frame ready for the Mattress
Mattress ready for the bedding

D'oh! I've been completely overthinking the bed! I've been thinking murphy bed and platforms and fold down this and spring loaded that.

Is that just a regular queen frame but made for use without a box spring - an off the shelf tall frame, as it were? Can you tell me more about it?

I'm thinking I could use just plain old underbed boxes for storage and access some from the rear and some from the front.
khigh
Teardrop Master

Postby Gonefishin » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:52 pm

Google "folding metal bed frames" and you'll see lots of them. I was just looking for the receipt for the one I have, but couldn't find it. Bought in 2009. I "think" its the Pragma brand. Its basically a folding frame that doesn't need a box spring. I have a memory foam mattress on mine. I cut the length of the frame to fit sideways in the trailer, it was originally a "full." Same with the memory foam mattress, it cut like butter with an electric knife. The frame has lots of supporting framework to support a regular or memory foam mattress. Its also quick and easy to remove if you need to. Mine is very sturdy, never has needed to be tightened, or flexed anywhere. What I really like about mine is that I can put clothes, fly-tying materials, blankets, towels, and any other items in plastic boxes underneath it. So I have storage underneath the whole bed, out of the way, but easy to access from either in front of the bed or though the back door.
Gonefishin
Donating Member

Postby khigh » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:56 pm

Oh OK - thanks for the response.

I see what you did now - you did a full end to end across. Since a queen width is the exact measurement, I thought that was a queen side to side, which is what I want to do (I'm 7' tall - no scrimping on bed length).

It still makes me want to go simpler, though - it's a great inspiration for possibilities.
khigh
Teardrop Master

Postby Gonefishin » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:09 pm

Here's a picture you can click on of the storage space/boxes from the front. Can do the same from the rear door too.
Gonefishin
Donating Member

Postby hankaye » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:29 pm

Gonefishin, Howdy;

After all this time are you still just using the cooler for your
refrigeration needs or have you done some 'up-grade' that
hasn't made it on to the forum as yet???
If you are still doing the cooler, what make and how do you
work the ice, block, cube, both, or dry???

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Gonefishin » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:06 pm

Coleman Extremes. In summer, one for food with blocks on each end, and cubes in the center. Then, a smaller one just for drinks, with all cubes, during the summer. Only use one cooler when its not hot. I re-ice every few days in summer, once a week Sept. Through June. Simple, cheap, portable, ice cold everything.
Gonefishin
Donating Member

Postby hankaye » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:08 am

Gonefishin, Howdy;

Thanks.

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions